Customer reviews

on 26 January 2009
We at first chose this because we liked the cover, we now love what is under the cover. The characters of the Fairy Chronicles truly appeal to my two girls (six and nearly eight) and my four yr old boy. We were surprised by the turn of events as the adventure unfolds, but we were not disappointed in the slightest. Two stories take place at once and both are interesting. The magical one appeals more to the little ones and the real one more to me. The two are connected and overlapping; therefore, one couldn't happen without the other. We will read this again, we all found it very appealing.
on 16 June 2009
I am reading alot this summer and I really like fairy books. This is a great fairy book because it is about a real girl. She has to take other fairies on a mission to the River of Wisdom. She has to figure out a problem at home the whole time she is gone. We all have problems at home that we have to think about the best way to tackle them. I liked that this was about fairies because I love fairies, but it was real too and I liked that.
on 28 May 2009
The plight of Mimosa is very touching and I felt deeply for her. This is a magical fairytale, but it is so much more. It touches on a subject most people would rather leave alone, smoking, and it does so without judgment, focusing instead on an individual's decision. Mimosa does a good job of leading her fairy mission, and I think she is on her way to becoming a leader in other aspects of life as well, based on her actions and decisions in this book.