on 5 September 2015
Good arguments and makes so much sense (as a woman in my early fifties it's a relief to find I'm normal!). However I found the diet itself difficult as 1) everything was American e.g. What's half and half? Truvia? And some shake I've got to buy online? Measurements I.e. Cups; and 2) I haven't got time to cook a breakfast lasagne!! As much as I would love to!
Unfortunately I couldn't get excited about the diet even though he did give vegetarian alternatives. I do keep picking it up but then get disheartened with food plans. Sorry!
on 29 December 2013
This seems like a second rate book that has been hurriedly put together and rushed out without even the most basic proof reading having been carried out. Perhaps the very small font and the landscape form in which the book has been set was done deliberately in order to try to conceal the terrible spelling of basic words such as as 'skiny' and 'hapy' which would cause me to throw the book out of the window if it was not on my iPad. I will not be buying the paper version as I feel so cheated at being sold such an inferior piece of merchandise and refuse to fork out any more money on this. Not a good reflection on the author or indeed the publisher. Do not buy unless you have strong spectacles and finding spelling errors makes you happy, or should I say 'hapy'.
on 1 January 2014
Very disappointed with this purchase. I am unable to read this. It looks like it was scanned in landscape and cannot be manipulated using the Kindle.
on 30 December 2013
This is probably a great book but the kindle version is stuck in landscape and the print is far too small with no option to change the print size. Hurry up and make an update to fix this! It is virtually unreadable both on my android phone and tablet. Never had any issues with the author's other kindle books.
11 Comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 4 April 2014
Interesting take on diet for women over 40, similar to the 5:2 Diet. Lots of info on carbs and their effect on us, with detailed meal plans and recipes which seem to be easily achievable without too much of a 'culture shock'. Overall good, but will update after putting it to the test.

Reviewed in exchange for a preview copy (in PDF format, which was fine, seems like the issues others have are with Kindle format only)
on 29 March 2015
Makes sense, very informative and easy to understand and follow. Highly recommend to women going through hormonal changes and struggling to lose weight.
on 6 November 2014
Great easy plan....but hard to keep up, lost less than planned but it all makes sense so will try again!
on 23 December 2013
Is am so disappointed with this book. I received it on the launch date for Kindle iPad version, but there is an issue with the formatting making it a small font that cannot be changed. If your eyesight is good then you will be OK, but I will have to wait for the updated format to read this or go for a print copy.
This is the first issue that I have had like this and although disappointed, I am really impressed at the way Amazon dealt with it.
on 28 February 2015