on 19 February 2014
Another fantastic deck from John Holland... If you loved the original Psychic Tarot you will love this deck as much. The cards are beautiful and the guidebook gives plenty more information on the cards and useful tips for beginners. The artwork is great. The book also gives information on how develop your psychic abilities and there is a at least a paragraph ot two in the book for each card.

My only criticism is i think the cards should have been gilded (with maybe Silver instead of Gold this time). I say this because the card stock looks like it may fray a little when used a lot and the gilding would seal the edges of the cards (like in the original deck - Psychic Tarot). The card stock is glossy and a good thickness - not flimsy like some.

That's just a minor observation and it won't stop me from buying a back up of this deck (because i will use a lot) just as i did with the original Psychic Tarot.
12 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 12 April 2018
Why only the space for 5 stars here.. these cards are so nice, and so pretty! O.K the boring bit first.. they arrived on time...yae.

But the quality given the price.. the book is a study guide by John Holland, he covers tarot, psychic development, numerology, all basic but shows how they link to the cards.

The cards... are done by an artist who paints for the gaming industry and they feature students of John Holland.

Simple to interpret, and put your own stamp on.

I love them and find them easy to work with.

N.B they are not small, and they are lovely.. so lay them flat out on a cloth to select and mix up rather than try to shuffle...
on 3 October 2014
This, John Holland’s second “psychic tarot oracle”, this time related to the Heart (Hay House, 2014), follows the same pattern as the first (Hay House, 2010). Courts and Tens (which numerologically are dropped from a regular tarot structure, hence the “oracle” nomer. Yet, the remaining cards follow standard tarot notions for the most part, with the addition of seven chakra cards. So, a total of 65 cards: 4 suits 1-9 (36), 22 Majors and 7 Chakras.

The artwork for the cards is accomplished and colourful, with a broad spectrum of people and situations depicted. Many cards, though, have backgrounds, as opposed to landscapes. For instance, in “Shine” (equivalent to the Sun), we see a beautiful woman with long red hair floating, arms outstretched and chest radiating light. Around her swirl colours from blue to purple to gold, with shining orbs glowing all about. This card speaks to me of joyfully flowing with our passion, and surrendering to the what the Universe brings us moment to moment.

I am less impressed with the chakra cards. Each shows a pedestal of the appropriate colour, with a depiction of the relevant symbol. However, I find them rather blocky and ugly, surrounded by darkness. The cards in the first deck were nicer, to my eye, but I guess he had to come up with something a little different the second time around...

As for the Aces, they are not particularly obvious - if you glance through the deck, you wouldn’t go “Oh, that’s an Ace” as soon as you saw them. Still, as this Ace of Fire shows, they are interesting. Here, the card is renamed “New Vitality”, and shows a man blowing on panpipes (hmm, Ace of Air?), which look like mini-rockets of chakra-coloured energy (ah yes, the fiery energy of spirit and will).

Finally, a pip card, the Nine of Air, renamed “Darkest Fears”. A handsome, dark-skinned man with a goatee and wearing a purple coat (colour of the crown chakra), stands in a blue background, with rays of lighter blue shining out from his crown. Before him are five phases of a solar eclipse, when light is blocked out by shadow for a while. Still, he looks remarkably calm for someone facing his fears. Perhaps he knows these are temporary troubles, which his spirit can overcome...

I can’t imagine using this deck if asked for a regular tarot reading, given the “missing” cards. Still, it is an attractive, upbeat oracle, with less of a learning curve because of the tarot tie-in. And for those who don’t like Court cards, it’s clearly a win-win situation.
2 people found this helpful
on 18 August 2017
Thank you John Holland for another superb set of cards. They assist in the dialogue with other dimensions of thoughts and emotions, supporting whoever cares to pick one. The pictures are clear and pleasing, sith plenty of dtaios to catch the attention and provide further personal interpretation and meaning. The guide is very well conceived too as well as being supportive.
on 22 June 2017
When I was led to order this deck last night I knew it would be just what I needed because I only get a deck when I'm led to. But, THE ACCURACY of all 4 readings already done, had me clapping for John Holland, Spirit and My Intuition!

This deck is so balanced and it's like it WANTS to help you... it immediately connects to you and gives you a clear read on what you need to know. And I mean CLEAR. By the 2nd read I was already in synch with it intuitively and had insight to a major difficulty I've always battled with in love relationships and my career!

Get this Deck if you get nothing else!

Blessings x
on 19 June 2016
I use these for professional card readings about all and any relationships and they haven't failed me. No trial run needed. Just dive in and have a go. Really great. And they can teach you about the chakra system also!
2 people found this helpful
on 25 December 2014
Beautiful deck. I'm glad it has no gilded edges (the problem with the Psychic Tarot Oracle Deck, Holland's other deck, was that the card were sort of glued to each other at the edges and I damaged the cards while trying to unstick them). This deck is beautifully illustrated, love the colours and card titles. I use it very often and pay attention to the messages I get from it, so far they were spot on!
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 27 May 2014
Just like John Holland's Psychic Tarot Oracle, this deck is ideal for the novice card reader who wants to be able to do a reading straight out of the box... but that doesn't mean you can't get deeply meaningful readings with them. I'm a professional card reader and use them all the time in my work. I really enjoy the brightly coloured artwork too.
on 20 May 2017
These cards have beautiful art work and design, they came before the expected delivery date. I am please with these cards and happy about my purchase. They are also bigger than I expected by they are lovely
on 31 May 2018
Beautiful quality cards and accurate messages