on 2 December 2011
This set of oracle cards has shot to the top of my list of favourites.I love the artwork,quality messages & Immediate connection I felt to them.It is a 54 card deck with guidebook which interprets the meaning of the cards accurately, in my experience.The themes represent the challenges you may meet along the way & the places you may visit,the events & challenges you may come across while you travel through life.They help you to relate to & understand your path of fate & destiny.I own about 70 boxes of oracle cards (I know that's a bit ridiculous but its my passion!),& a few of these card sets are by Colette Baron-Reid & I find that they tap into my psyche & empower you to dig into your deep subconsious to search for answers to any inquiries you are curious to find answers for.Sometimes the cards offer comfort & often assist to confirm or remove doubts about certain situations.I love the cards & I am hard to please though everyone has different perspectives or preferences.I'm not sure how helpful this review is to other buyers but I would certainly recommend them.I cannot imagine anyone going wrong with them.I had to wait a wee while for the cards to come back into stock but it was worth the wait!I just try to take the best aspects of all my cards.There is nothing that will do any harm to anyone-only good things can come of them.
on 4 January 2012
i purchased these cards as a gift for my friend- i may well have to get some myself!beautiful illustrations and easy to use- guide book very detailed. think these cards for personal use more than to do readings for others-but can be used that way.the cards answer very well questions you have for everyday life and are amazingly accurate in the messages they give as well as detailed information. they are direct and to the point- she has a set of collette baron-reid cards already and was pleased to fine these are just as good.
on 11 January 2012
I have got 2 packs of CBr,s cards and find them amazing , but these are the best yet !! The artwork is stunning and the interpretation is bob on . I felt an affinity with them straight away and would certainly suit a beginner , or anyone with a greater experience of Oracle cards.
Highly recommended !
on 27 November 2012
I'd give five stars to the presentation:
the hard cards
the card size
the smell !
the drawings and digital art. Absolutely beautiful
the golden edges
the feeling throughout the whole process

So what is missing?
This work doesn't fit with the concept of a map starting with the cards :

Among 54 cards there are only 5 landscapes, 3 places and 5 houses.
That makes 13 cards out of 54 ! There's no such as a road or map or journey due to the lack of this type of landscape cards.

There are 11 cards like conditions suitable to add to the landscapes. But still the other 30 cards are circumstances (come together, listening, sad embrace...) or even beings (wizard of awareness, bone collector) like you can find in any other oracle deck. If this is an enchanted MAP, then all oracle decks are a map too.

On top of this the explanation of each card is too short, a bit repetitive

I'd like to share a small anecdote about this deck. By drawing the 6 cards and connecting to my Source through the images and meaning, I felt like changing myself and my fate during the process. Very powerful. Thank you both artists for this work.

I recommend "Wisdom of the Hidden Realms" from the same author. It's more consistent, very inspiring and as beautiful as this one.
on 10 March 2013
I collect Tarot and Oracle cards, and I have The Wisdom of Avalon Oracle by the same creator. These cards are beautiful, gilt-edged, with vibrant, easy to read imagery. They are slightly bigger than a deck of Tarot cards, and are satisfyingly stiff with a glossy finish.

Whenever I pull a card from this deck, it relates, uncannily, to the current situation. It comes with an instruction book, which is relatively in-depth.

Although the deck is supposed to compliment the book 'The Map' by Colette Baron-Read, I do not own and have not read the book. I don't think it is necessary to have read the book to be able to understand the cards, but have been encouraged to look into reading it.

Excellent product, highly recommended. This is currently my favourite oracle deck.
on 18 April 2012
My review about this deck cannot have any bad words about the entire package. It is a 54 card Oracle deck with images of fantasy and dreams in them. I can see digital art in there. The card stock is very good. The size of the cards is big as most Oracle decks (3x5 inches). I think the cards are wide. They do have a gloss finish which really make me euphoric when i got them in my hand. The cards hold numbers at the top and name at the bottom of the cards. The back is reversible. The book companion was the same size of the cards. It starts with an introduction, then follows some concerns about how to make a question when asking Oracle and then some spreads (3 to be exact with real examples). Then you have a full description of each card with an image of each card. Reversed can be used in this deck so reversed meanings are used too. The deck and the book where inside a hard box.
I think this deck deserve it price and if anyone want an Oracle deck its nice for any beginner.
on 29 March 2016
Such beautiful cards!!! The edges are the most gorgeous, shiniest gold I've EVER seen in any oracle cards. They're also really different to the usual format cards, they help you chart a course through different situations in your life, identifying people, places and encounters you'll have along the way. Can't wait to delve deeper with these!
I also didn't realise, when I ordered them, that they're actually an accompaniment to Colette Baron-Reid's book "The Map" - though they're totally useable alone. I'll be ordering the book immediately!
review image
on 9 August 2016
I loved this deck when a friend used it in a mini oracle reading, However, once I got my own deck I didn't really connect with it in the same way. That being said it is an absolutely beautiful deck and Colette's knowledge and wisdom really shines through in the definitions for each card. the definitions are also quite detailed which means that you really think about how the card may apply to your own situation. A good deck to have in your collection if you are looking for something a little bit different.
on 8 July 2014
These are irresistible. The artwork is magical and each card is beautiful. The idea of us having a magical landscape is a great way to design a deck. Although the book with the deck is good I would recommend reading the (sort of) accompanying book first. I have had the deck for a while without using it much but now I'm reading The Map book and I know for an absolute certainty I will find the deck much much better and easier to work with after reading the book. The book is worth reading with or without the deck as it's full of interesting and helpful exercises too BUT I would definitely read the book and then go back to the cards with a much great insight and knowledge.
on 18 July 2016
At first I thought the cards would be difficult to understand but I managed to pick them up fairly well; still learning along the way. The cards are very in depth and if you find a connection with them, the better the reading will be. I would recommend!