on 4 April 2017
Great book!
on 20 October 2014
Would use again.
on 19 December 2011
I always make sure that I have this book with me when 1:1 coaching in schools and it has never failed to help - however severe the situation appears. Several times, parents have bought their own copy to follow-through at home.

Suitable especially for years 1-3, the message will resonate with us all. The Work process, on which the story is based, is included without compromise, and I suspect (and hope) that many adults reading this will want to find out more through 'Loving What Is' and Katie Byron's other books/website. In fact this book is a great bridge for us coaches to use, for including the parent/carer(s) in their child's emotional development, whilst at the same time encouraging the parent in their journey too. Oh - and everyone just loves the illustrations! This can be nothing but 5 stars!
on 13 June 2014
My daughter had been having challenges with bullying at school and I was at a loss for how to best help her.
A friend recommended this book, and I'm so glad she did.
After reading, my daughter (aged 7) said: "Mummy, this book makes me feel happy again."
It's a really great way of showing your children that happiness is inside of them, no matter what challenges they face on the outside.
on 14 December 2015
Make sure you realise this is ONE story and a small story at that. It is difficult for a child to grasp the "CBT" type method of getting the child to challenge their thoughts and feelings. Overpriced
on 29 May 2011
A great book esp for those days when little ones aren't so sure of themselves or when parents are having a tough day, just to re connect that bad days don't mean lack of love
on 11 January 2010
Four Questions to Make You Smile Again or Not!

Tiger~Tiger, is it True? Tiger-Tiger, Is It True?: Four Questions to Make You Smile Again
Is a story I have dreamed about, I've been wanting to read this book to children for a long time.
Self help books that capture the mind body and spirit are beautiful for adults and Byron Katie's books for adults are so amazing. I have never really understood why Bryon Katie hasn't targeted children before now to get to them before any damage may be done!
But it's finally here in beautiful colour and ready to be one of the most important books we can read to our children in 2010!
Tiger-Tiger, Is It True?: Four Questions to Make You Smile Again
She has filled a learning gap in children's development with this book but it does also need some kindess and time to support the questions that may arise in children after they have read it or in most cases looked at the wonderful pictures and had it read to them by family or carers.
It's about a colourful little tiger, which is beautifully illustrated by Hans Wilhelm with such wonderful expressions on Tiger's face, who thinks that his whole world is falling apart (this is the bit where the children feel for him) his parents don't love him, his friends have abandoned him, and his life just seems so very unfair.

It goes on to describe these three events that make him feel so very lonely and sad.
This is the bit that I found it difficult with the arguing between parents, yes of course it happens but do 3/4 years olds need to be reminded of that! A best friend not playing with him, yes of course that also happens but we can teach them we are all friends and that they don't belong to us!
Anyway a wise green smiley Turtle asks him four questions, then it all changes and with the help of his friend Turtle he questions his thoughts and his life becomes wonderful again.
The best bit is when he realizes his thoughts about things are the cause of his pain and he can change those thoughts and be A Very Happy Bunny, Ooops I mean Tiger again.The children faces lit up at this bit and they really smiled ~ they were so happy for him.They realize that all his problems are not caused by things but just by his thoughts about things.
Sounds good doesn't it, simple and stress free!
on 13 March 2010
This book deals with worries and anxieties young children often have but are unable to articulate. My grandchildren aged 3, 5 and 10 really seemed to identify with it.
on 9 May 2012
This is a great book with a Buddhist type philosophy, helping kids (and the adults reading it) to realise how their thoughts create their world.
on 21 June 2010
really liked both pictures and story. wish I had had it for my children, little girl i gave it too loved it.. well done Katie x