on 3 January 2014
This is a great introductory to get started on the subject. It is not in depth, but has just enough information to pique interest. If you decide it's for you you can take it from there and if you don't, for 0.99p on kindle it's not broken any banks. The reference guide at the back for a selection of Power Animals, which makes up most of the book, is great for dipping in and out of. The main part of the book will take about half an hour/45 mins to read and basically explains what will happen in the guided meditation, what a power animal is and how to develop the relationship with your power animal.

To download the audio for the kindle version, scroll back to the very beginning of the book (the bit that the kindle always misses out) and it will give you an url to go to at Hay House Publishing and the relevant code needed to get the download. The Hay House website was a bit glitchy for me so I had to first register an account then go back to the provided url, log in as a registered user and was then able to download the audio. I use a mac and had to hold ctrl+cmd then click the mouse to get a drop down menu to save an mp3 file to my computer that I can now play on iTunes!
on 3 June 2017
The audio download is a great mix of shamanic drumming and rattles to take you on your journeys. There is a guided journey to find your power animal.. Steven has a great voice. I have another CD by him also and have had wonderful little journeys, his Earth magic book is a fascinating read and earth magic cards I would recommend too. The book tells of many animal spirit guide meanings but not all, they can be easily looked up though. Anyone can use this and enjoy it.
VINE VOICEon 7 May 2010
i bought this alongside the power animal cards by steven farmer. both are fine on their own, but i would advise against ordering these together as it is exactly the same info repeated in both (minus the CD in the card pack). otherwise a nice, easy-to-understand book.
on 10 June 2016
Great book like all of his
on 16 June 2017
As described
on 30 June 2016
I already had the book, but decided to buy the e version, to read when I was out, brilliant book, but can't find the CD to go with it, still a very good book you won't be disappointed..
on 31 July 2014
Really sorry, I never give less than three stars for a book normally - if I rate it that low, then i just don't leave a review as it isn't fair to the author. However, with this I'm not denigrating the book itself - the little I was able to read was interestingly written. But. . . the content wouldn't work properly on my Kindle. The only way to read it was to constantly navigate from the contents, otherwise pages would refuse to turn, or would jump ahead to another section. Also, the audio content I downloaded from Hay house appears to be incomplete, consisting of only one short drumming/rattling track, not the several described in the book and required to perform the exercises. I know formatting for Kindle is hard, but this is the worst example I've come across. So sorry, I really am.
on 11 August 2009
The CD is helpful, and relaxing (Shamanic drumming)as Steven Farmer helps you on your journey to meet your spirit animal, the book contains information about several animals and their relevance in your life, I love the book and CD
on 6 April 2011
Power Animals: How to Connect with Your Animal Spirit GuideStephen Farmer is experienced in Ancient Shamanic Techniques and Modern Psychological Methods. This makes for excellent CD, which is helpful in learning to contact your Power Animals. He has a deep and empathetic understanding of animals, their behaviour and lessons which we can learn from them. His writing and techniques are very accessible and easy to read and follow.
on 29 May 2014
I love this book, very informative- still find myself referring back to it every time I cross paths with an animal to discover what they are telling me :0)