Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

The power of thought is a popular concept and this is an inspirational book which reminds us that we create our own reality. If we change our thoughts we can change what is going in our lives. Many people will consider it to be mumbo jumbo but science is starting to discover how powerful our minds can be. Laughter and prayer can both help to heal and promote good health. Talking nicely to plants increases the amount they grow by a measurable amount.

Thoughts can affect apparently inanimate objects. Having negative thoughts can mean you get negative results in the material world. Change your thoughts to positive and results will change. There are many references to scientific studies given and these can usually be tracked down on line. The author makes reference to inspirational author whose work he quotes from. There is a list of notes at the end of the book with ideas for further reading.

Even if you think such ideas are rubbish it can do no harm to try changing at least some of your thoughts and see what happens. If nothing changes then you've not lost anything - if something changes life may improve. This is a book to read more than once and to think about in depth and it is written in an easy conversational style which will inspire you to at least try and put its ideas into practice.
I bought this following a recommendation from a friend and I have to agree its a great and inspirational book, guiding you on how to make things better for yourself and others.

I did feel it took time to get to the nitty gritty though, the 2nd half being somewhat better than the first.

So I have no hesitation in passing on the recommendation.
on 26 May 2017
It's amazing just how our thoughts affect our life. I enjoyed this book very much.
on 11 June 2017
Not bad. Some of the chapters can get a bit drawn out.
on 28 March 2017
love this book
on 14 May 2017
All that I thought it would be and much much more Dr David R Hamilton has done some amazing research and brought it all together here , amazing read .
This book was so good that immediately I had finished reading, I turned to the beginning and started reading it again. Throughout the book, there was so many stunning, fascinating, awe-inspiring and intriguing facts revealed that I am pretty sure I held my breath through most of it, and could not turn pages fast enough.

Chapter 1 presents fascinating data and facts which explain how the mind and body are connected; how the mind affects the body physically, and how the body can affect the mind. This chapter serves as a building block for how it's the thought that counts as you progress throughout the book. Chapter 2 brilliantly shows how the placebo effect works in our minds, and how our mind really can get involved to heal our body. Chapter 3 focuses on DNA; I personally found this revolutionary - it's a `must-read'. Chapter 4 is about the power of intention and how things can be changed by the power of touch and the power of the mind. The facts presented are extremely interesting and thought-provoking. There are 14 chapters in total, each worth a mention, but this review would get too long!

There is a phenomenal amount of research data provided to present facts and arguments throughout the book; it helps back up why mind over matter really works. The book is written in an easy to follow fashion, so you don't need to be a scientist to make sense of the facts. The book is gripping, from beginning to end. Once I read this, I knew I had so many changes to make in my way of thinking and now know how to make my little part of the world a better place through my thoughts.
on 18 May 2010
I bought this book after seeing and hearing Dr David Hamilton a few weeks ago. I was blown away by what he said, by his dynamic presence and his total integrity. I'd been a bit cynical beforehand, thought it would be another "new age-y" thing, but I was so wrong! All his arguments/statements are based soundly on scientific research findings, nothing is pure theory, and it's incredibly powerful - the power of the mind is demonstrated over and over again, and it's really uplifting. Buy it! Read it! Remember it! Then go do it!
on 11 April 2010
I brought this book for my Dad for christmas 2009 and he read it and gave it back to me soon after suggesting I should read it myself. I'm glad he did because it is a great book and explains complicated science in the simplest terminology. David has a talent for his quirky style of writing too, he packs interesting facts and humour into his witty pros. As a first book it is truly mesmorizing, I loved it and am stunned by some of the evidence which is put forth for mind over matter and how the mind can heal the body.

buy now, don't waste any more time reading reviews this is a must read, read, read...
on 24 June 2005
Dr Hamilton should be applauded for the work carried out to provide us with such a fantastic book. He has inspired me and will no doubt inspire the thousands that will read his book. The information provided on distant healing and scientific studies carried out are mind blowing. If people share the love and prayer that Dr Hamilton has provided then the world will be a better place for us all to live in. This is a must read book and will give you a new and positive outlook in life.