on 17 February 2014
If you are a reader trying to recover from serious dysfunctionalities due to trauma (simple or complex PTSD or similar), then you should avoid this book.

Insight 1 addresses clients' stories of (childhood) difficulties which the author finds boring and unoriginal. For example on page 58, the author writes about an infantile client complaining about her mother, and comments, "When you shed negative, unoriginal stories such as "My mother was selfish and ignored me" we can love her and accept her as she is." In order to jumpstart readers out of these pre-supposed infantile states, he sets the task of writing a narrative of your life which starts (page 70), "Once upon a time a stork dropped a bundle at the right house..." and then continues, "Perhaps you were abused as a child - but this is just what your soul needed for you to learn the lessons about strength and compassion you required, and you chose the perfect home to be dropped off at." The next paragraph begins, "If you feel uncomfortable writing the story because you haven't learned your lesson yet..."

This is exactly the advice peddled by apologists for abuse - you deserved it, needed it, and in some cases of 'new age' apologists, you even choose it before you were born. The last time I saw, a three year old being belted from something he or she does not understand, is not learning a useful life lesson, nor is any useful life lesson being learned when the belting and shouting continues into adolescence, because by then you are dissociating rather then philosophising safely from a distance.

The danger this book presents is that the author conflates readers who are in infantile states with people with serious difficulties trying to function in society after (lengthy) trauma - when you have to re-set your 'social software' developed purely to survive, and to move from surviving with now-dysfunctional strategies to learning to live, absolutely no easy task.

People with serious difficulties need to stay away from this book -- demeaning and contemptuous trivialisation of serious trauma only serves to re-traumatize.
on 2 August 2012
I bought this book for my father as a present for a birthday. He's interested in this topic and he tells me he has now read the book four times already only 4 months later. That surely has to say something about the book. Highly recommended!
on 29 November 2011
This book and its insights are a paramount must read for anyone that wishes to walk the Earthkeeper or Lightworker pathways. It is very important that the Munay-Ki principles and insights are taken by those of you with open eyes and ears to hear.
You owe it to yourselves your families and inportantly Mankind and the world to progress though its contents and empower yourself and others into the next evolution of Mankind to become guardians and Earthkeepers for the new dawning that is very soon with us time is paramount before 21 12 2012 befalls us.

Munay Alex Park
on 12 January 2014
A must for any interest in shamanic work or even your spiritual journey. I have several of the authors books and I can say I am bit of a fan now. Lots to learn and try and expand the mind. It has also had me googling various things I have read and has helped expand further. Excellent stuff
on 6 November 2013
I became away of Alberto Villoldo in documentary. His methods of self activating personal discovery and transformation are not for the light hearted and should be treated with caution and respect. However, they are deeply profound and over time, one may see how much so. We are blessed to have a man like this who can bring ancient information and present it to the modern western world in a contemporary manner. Highly recommend, but don't do alone alone, unless your are experienced with journeying within
on 22 January 2007
I found this book gives inspiring instruction on how to break the mould of sheep like thinking.It helps us stand back and take a broader view of ourselves and gives instruction on how to re-shape and clear our own personal conflicts, as well as cultral and spiritual values.It is a dedicated work into the study and practise of objective thinking with instructions on how to take a quantum leap into shamanic initiation,if you wish to.I do feel everyone should be aware of the teachings in this book and feel that the philosophical

message is perfect content for all our futures, as put into practise the world would be a much better place.That's the difficult part per usual but it is something we should all aspire to and most of all be aware of.It should be made compulsory reading.
on 24 January 2013
Excellent book. I borrowed it from a friend and then HAD to get my own copy. Wonderful ideas for meditation and truly inspiring information to help us on our journey. Exacly the book I was looking for. Thank you, thank you.
on 17 October 2013
Especially when your a novice and have great interests in different levels of consciousness .a fabulous insights and a good way to get in touch with your inner warrior. Its been bursting to get out. love it
on 6 January 2014
This book offers a clear account Earthkeeper beliefs and practices.

A very clear, down to earth book, with plenty of exercises to experience these powerful insights into our true nature.
on 16 January 2014
This is the first book Alberto Villoldo's that I have read and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I found it easy to read and deeply insightful as to the wats of the shaman. I highly recommend it.