on 22 September 2008
Gregg Braden's book is an interesting read, but although the author clearly states that his aim is not to produce a scientific piece of work (which is fair considering he's not a scientist), I feel like he has overstretched himself.

The general idea that Gregg tries to explain in the book is the existence of something like a field which permeates the entire universe, akin to the so-called ether. He believes that this field or matrix connects everything and everyone and makes it possible for us to influence objects or people without boundaries of time and space.

One of the shortcomings of the book, in my humble opinion, is that Gregg start by saying that the book is not meant to be scientific, but then goes on to describe a series of scientific experiments, mainly related to quantum physics, the results of which he extrapolates to our everyday lives. There is no way to make that connection without some sort of evidence. He uses and abuses of the term "quantum", and believes that the secret to tapping the power of this matrix is our emotions. He goes on to create a list of 20 'keys' to achieve this, which turns the book into a real new-age, will-change-your-life-forever-if-you-follow-the-keys kind of deal. Not that I think that there's anything wrong with that, but it's just not my cup of tea.

While the results from quantum physics really are interesting, the idea that they also apply outside the quantum realm is entirely without justification. Had he used the quantum results as a metaphor or as a means of motivating his personal belief that if he feels this way about a certain thing, he can influence that thing, it'd be fine. But he clearly uses the experiments as proof, which makes it just silly. Gregg attempts to explain that this supposed connection exists in the ancient beliefs of this or that tribe, and that science has finally caught up with the shamans.

Overall, I think that if you're into stuff like laws of attraction and don't really care about the scientific aspect of these things, you'll like the book. But if you are expecting a book which relates these things to science, you're set to be disappointed.
22 Comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 24 June 2010
I read quite alot of what some may term "new age" material so this book appealed to me. Since discovering the Law of Attraction I have been on a search for material that can explain to me how it works without the use of "blind faith". I suppose I have been after a more scientific approach.
I love the work of Abraham and Esther & Jerry Hicks as they give you practical instruction on how to go from feeling terrible to feeling good. However I feel the whole "channelling of Abraham" process requires a leap of faith right from the start!(Dont get me wrong I love their work and have travelled a long way to see them live and enjoyed it very much). Gregg Braden's book however approaches it from a much more scientific approach, referencing quantum physics experiments that go someway towards proving that you get what you wish for by using your feelings.
I would say this book is not for the serious scientist but more for the layman who wants a bit of a basic technical explanation as to how it may all work.
I was a bit bored in places (hence the 4 stars) as I felt he was just "padding out" some chapters for the sake of it. The book could have been half as long but would have been just as interesting.
I found it thought provoking and a relief that science is finally moving towards explaning all this rather than trying to deny its existence (as mentioned in one of the other reviews).
Worth a read. If you want a great book experience from a more spiritual approach try "Manifest Your Destiny" by Wayne Dyer. He is currently my number one spiritual hero!
on 29 October 2011
The concept is absolutely brilliant; life changing and it's wriiten with the perfect balance of scientific back up and practical explanation. A book I'll be referring to for a long time.
on 8 October 2007
"The Divine Matrix: Bridging Time, Space, Miracles and Belief" by Gregg Braden, is firstly about discovering the Divine Matrix and revealing the mystery that connects all life. Secondly, the book goes on to describe how the Divine Matrix works, and brings insight into bridging between imagination and reality. Finally The Divine Matrix explains how to successfully work with healing in Quantum Awareness, which includes insight and messages from the Divine Matrix.

Also, the Divine Matrix is scientifically verifiable in terms of the latest findings in Quantum Science...and interestingly the hologram is a perfect analogy to ideas presented in this book.

Most highly recommended.

If you like Divine Matrix then you'll be fascinated with a recent New Age novel I've discovered that is also about connectedness, spirituality, and life transformation:

Nexus: A Neo Novel
0Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 16 May 2015
This book is full of pseudoscience and half-truths. For evidence to support its claims, it uses unreliable experiments that are not peer-reviewed and that have been done by dubious institutions. It uses unanswered questions about quantum physics and the behaviour of quantum particles to ridiculously speculate that humans could develop magic powers like:
-being in two places at once.
-remote viewing (seeing what's happening in other parts of the world purely through our minds)
-time travel
-encouraging world peace by having less than 1% of the population meditate and project peaceful thoughts and feelings (Maharishi Effect)

It then gives highly dubious examples of these 'powers' being demonstrated throughout history. For example, the 'bi-location' of Padre Pio in WW2 when he supposedly appeared to Allied bomber pilots outside their aircraft window and made them not bomb his city of San Giovanni Rotondo. Also, he mentions 17th-century nun Maria de Agreda who supposedly appeared to Mexican natives while never leaving Spain. Also, Braden mentions the supposed bi-location of St. Francis.
These are NOT reliable examples and are just misleading religious propaganda.
Braden claims that he visited Tibetan monks and discovered from a monk that the nature of the Divine Matrix is 'compassion'. That's not very helpful. And considering that Tibet was for pretty much all of its history, a land of feudalism, brutality and exploitation, with monks on top, I don't think that Tibetan monks have much credibility when they try to espouse 'compassion'.
Braden claims that Jesus was a great master of the Divine Matrix. While I agree that Jesus was a great guy, the fact is that he ended up being tortured to death because he annoyed too many people. If that is what mastering the Divine Matrix leads to, then you can count me out please.
Braden claims that remote viewing was used to find Iraqi missile sites during the First Gulf War. This is a blatant and outright lie. Remote viewing has NEVER been reliably demonstrated. Also the Maharishi Effect has been debunked.
There were so many dodgy claims made in this book that I spent a lot of time Googling them and checking the claims out, only to find that they were false, discredited and unreliable. This book is fantasy posing as science.
I wasted a lot of time trying to confirm Braden's claims. Time that could have been spent reading REAL science books or different genres of books.
Also, Braden claims that 'ancient texts' are full of wisdom and can be used to help us live in this world. Again this is highly debatable. Just because they lived a long time ago, and were maybe less materialistic doesn't mean that they were wiser than us modern people. Ancient people still had egos and agendas like us, and wanted power and wealth. I don't think that they have a lot to offer a modern, secular, scientific society.

On the plus side, when you trawl through all the nonsense, you can find a few bits of good advice, like not being too judgemental and I learned a bit about some scientific experiments that I'd never heard of. Also, I believe that having positive thoughts and feelings can certainly improve your quality of life.
But overall I think this book is a waste of time. If you want real science books, then you can read Richard Dawkins or Carl Sagan or others. If you want real spiritual books then read Eckhart Tolle, Deepak Chopra or the Dalai Lama (he may be a Tibetan monk, but at least he respects real science and modernity).
However, this hybrid of pseudo-science and spirituality like in 'The Divine Matrix' and other Gregg Braden books doesn't have much to offer humanity.
on 30 August 2014
Gregg Braden narrates this CD in an easy style that makes a sometimes complex subject less so. The reference to Neville Goddard's work was of specific interest as Neville is an author I have only recently discovered but one I personally rate. Braden's CD is presented in chapter form so the bite-size pieces offer the listener an opportunity to dip in and out and digest without being overwhelmed. A fascinating overview of Braden's important book published under the same title this CD seamlessly marries Spiritual understanding with Science and is both informative and convincing.
on 31 December 2008
I was greatly disappointed with this book. Greg Braden writes with great enthusiasm but sadly that enthusiasm cannot mask the fact that, while the scientific discoveries he talks abot are very interesting, they do not provide the evidence for a divine, all-encompassing field. That is not to say that such a field does not exist, and many reading this will probably need no converting to the idea, but sufficient evidence is not contained in this work.

The book comes across as a bit of this and a bit of that and fails to convince that Braden really knows what the field is, if such does exist, and how it affects our lives, except in a vague woolly kind of a way. Don't let his impressive credentials fool you. If more evidence for a universal field is forthcoming, I will be excited to look at it. For now, if this book contains the best evidence on offer, the jury is still out.
44 Comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 25 March 2012
I am in the middle of reading. I just love this book very interestive perspective. I also have seen lots of his lectures, it is just so easy to understand him. The staff he talks about both in the book and his talks are complicated staff but the way he puts it into words just makes you understand it straight away. Just love it. May we create a new reality for our planet :)
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
The more front line science confirms the interconectedness of all creation the easier it becomes to go beyone out selves as "doubting Thomases" To move on the understand that, like it ro not, we are part of the creative Matrix is another giant step forward. Thank you, Gregg Braden for leading us through the jungle towards glimpses of what the Truth is all about.
on 7 April 2015
A must read for anyone interested in this type of subject. Greg Braden gives a broad overview of quantum physics for anyone new to this concept before then explaining how the Divine Matrix relates to our everyday lives. He brings together theories from a range of subjects in a very rounded way and in a language that's easy to understand. I really recommend this book.