The Reason
Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 October 2014
Alex is a kid. He lives with his mum and they are about to go through a trial no one sees until the first storm is read through, and all but forgotten. Although, we don't get to forget that, either!

What would any of us do if we found a huge Cross outside a church, suddenly broken and smashed? What would we do if we saw a very tall man who never speaks? What would we do if we found out a young kid was suffering? Not only suffering, but shortly, to die? And what would we do if someone of faith told us to "only believe"?

Read the book. It's amazing.
on 23 December 2013
Member of a bookclub and this was the month's choice. Didn't really know what to expect and struggled a little at the beginning of the story to really get into it, but without giving it away, AMAZING! I was up (killing my eyes) reading this as just couldn't put it down. Mr Sirls does know how to weave a story together and it really SPOKE to me, encouraged me, had me enthralled and had some serious faith lessons for me. I loved it, highly recommend it, excellent read.
on 30 July 2015
Picked this book to read on holiday. I simply couldnt put it down and it was read in three days a great book and uplifting although parts of book filled with sadness Jesus comes through and confirms that Gods plan is always best. I have since recommended to a friend and passed the book onto my neighbour who just recently recovered from cancer. Great read.
on 14 October 2016
Oh my days this was the best book I have read in a long while had me on the edge at times other times crying would definitely recommend you buy it. Happy reading
on 9 July 2014
Not as good a read as thought. I am halfway through and can't follow the characters names or where the story is heading, as the supposed "main character" doesn't show up as often as I thought.

I preferred "The Shack" by William P Young.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 18 October 2014
This book reveals to us all that God can work great things through all people if we let him lead us and we put our faith in him and believe. An excellent read portraying God`s love for mankind. Highly recommend.
on 16 January 2014
One of the best "stories" I have read in along time. It caused my faith to wake up again and only believe. US humans get so complicated but if we would only believe with the faith of a child. How often a Kenneth comes into our lives and we don't recognise Him? William, so glad you met Kenneth in prison as all things work for good......
Keep writing.
on 8 March 2014
I really enjoyed this book, it reminds me of the scripture where it says Faith, hope and love remain, but the greatest of these is love. Very refreshing to read a book where you feel you care about what happens to all the characters. It blessed me.
on 3 May 2016
Best fictional book I've read in a long time. Even for non Christians it would make a lovely read. You feel like you know the characters and there's a bit of most of the characters in all of us.
on 31 December 2015
Bit disappointed with this. I love Christian fiction and I quite liked the concept but didn't like the execution. That's a Personal preference regarding writing style, others nay not agree.