on 30 March 2012
This is actually my first review ever on Amazon though I buy Art/Design books often but I feel that this book deserves it. I think It gaves great inspiration for those who are stuck with their work. I went to art college and have been a professional graphic designer for years, still this book has some really helpful tips, especially for those wanting to explore his/her illustration skills. I would ( and will) definitely recommend it.
on 11 May 2011
I am always busy with family life and had forgotten who I was! Not having time for myself made it easier for me to loose my self belief. I bought this book to help unlock a door in myself and on doing the first part of the first exercise (WOW!) I can do it! I'm in here! I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of the book and seeing what else I can discover and rediscover about myself! :D
on 31 May 2013
I bought this book for inspiration on drawing with an open mind as to the mediums etc. I was mostly looking for something on watercolour and improving drawing, or help to find inspiration and new ways of doing things. The book starts off well but goes downhill from there. It tries in ways to be a self help book which i find quite odd, and is very focused on art journalling which i dont think was clear enough. I found it very restricting in this sense as i dont want to create an art journal with super deep thinking. I was looking for something more creative, less restrictive to one style and easier to read!
on 12 January 2012
I was hoping that this book would kick start my creative journal making - and it has! Interesting and inspiring.
on 22 July 2009
This book is crammed with pretty and quirky little drawings. There's a lot of text too, which I like cos it means it'll last a little while.

There are exercises which take you through much the same steps as Betty Edwards ("Drawing on the right side of the brain"). Very useful. He expects your drawing skills to be rather unpolished, but the exercises are helpful at any level, I'm sure.
on 2 February 2014
I borrowed it loads of times from the library till I finally got my own copy. He's funny, inspiring and so encouraging, full of ideas. It's like he's talking to you and he gets you enthusiastic and wanting to just do the hard work of picking up the pen and drawing. very motivating.
on 21 February 2015
From what I can see so far I am glad I made this purchase. I saw it being recommended by a YouTuber so took the plunge. Being a complete beginner this book is truly inspirational. Even if I did not want to do any drawing I would still have bought the book to read.
on 10 March 2013
Just right to overcome any sort of 'artists' block. Full of great little ideas to get you picking up your pens and brushes. Still enjoying it a bit at a time, in between my sketching which has become a daily joy.
on 9 November 2009
Every year I start a diary and after a few months I stop. This book has opened my mind to a different approach for keeping a record of thoughts and ideas on a regular basis. I keep my journal with me all the time and I have a small box of watercolours that I use to illistrate my days. I have now started to draw small scketches which I didn't have the confidence to do before. I recommend this as a lovely gift for someone who wants to be creative but doesn't know where to start.
on 23 July 2015
I loved this book so much, it is really wonderful and brilliant.
It helped me to really open my mind to art and drawing and it really helps you to shake off the restrictions in your mind which are imposed by what they tell you at school.
It shows you that any one and every one can draw. It is vibrant and inspiring and I cannot put it down. It has motivational parts and it's very funny. It's written in a friendly, supportive, positive, constructive way. Every home should have this book I love it. It's fantastic.
I borrowed it from the library at first, and then I didn't want to give it back so I bought a copy of my own!