on 27 February 2014
I’m reading this series for the first time and it just keeps getting better and better.

It’s a captivating, addictive and imaginative series and ,although a slow burner at times, it never fails to disappoint.

Volume 5 is slightly smaller than the previous volumes but the story itself is fantastic.

It follows Boy Blues journey across the Homelands to face the mighty Adversary and plenty is revealed in a twist you definitely won’t see coming.

It’s an action packed volume and the artwork within is as glorious as ever.

I’ve immediately snapped up the Deluxe volume 6 and it’s worth noting that volume 5 also leads straight into the “Jack of Fables” miniseries (I’ve added this to my wishlist!).
on 15 December 2016
Fables is just brilliant. Brilliant charterers, brilliant story
on 11 December 2014
Christmas gift
on 20 March 2013
I love the Fables series and I was looking forward to this book, so I ordered it despite the warnings posted by reviewers on the US Amazon site that this was the slimmest book in the deluxe series yet. They were right to complain. The previous volume had 288 pages of comic and 6 pages of sketches as an appendix. At the same price, the current volume has 170 pages of comic, 14 pages of other illustrated material and 29 pages with the complete script to issue no. 50. Frankly, in my opinion, the latter will be unlikely to interest most readers. Amazon has clearly reacted to this by reducing the price of the book, but the disappointment remains. I do hope that the publishers will give us more substance in the next volume, but the number of pages given on the pre-order site (240) does not inspire confidence.