Customer reviews

VINE VOICEon 9 December 2012
With little in the way of difference between the 2 movie adaptations I was skeptical that this graphic novel would have anything new to offer. To my surprise, it takes a bit more time to develop and set-up the plot and characters, giving the reader a better idea of what is going on. The movies tore through plot details very quickly, and not too coherently, leaving many (myself not included) a bit disorientated.

The artwork and paneling flows nicely and often draws you into the atmosphere. With many graphic novels I find myself just reading the dialogue and giving the pictures a casual glance, though here I wanted to occasionally linger on the details. The characters are brought to life rather well (Blomkvist could have a bit more definition though), especially Lisbeth Salander, a character I have bit too much in common with for my comfort, who would virtually impossible to neuter. Every panel with her is a work of art.

DC/Vertigo plan to release 2-part graphic novels of all 3 books. They're off to a good start, and despite the criticism of other readers I assure that it's definitely worth having. Forget the digital version. The Hardback is lovely and will look great on your bookshelf.
on 4 January 2013
having read the books, watched the films both Swedish and American, I didn't think I would enjoy another version, how wrong I was. This is awesome!
on 18 December 2012
I've read the book, I've seen the movie, I liked them both and this graphic novel didn't let me down either. Very good work.
on 12 February 2013
Nice adaptation, great art, much better than the US film! Can't wait for book 2. Worth getting if you're a fan of the series.
on 20 January 2013
I ordered this book to read with friends, at school we sit and all four of us read graphic novels, all sharing the same copy. This book is big, so refect for sharing! The storyline is wonderful, as are the colours and illustrations. Only problem is that it isn't the whole story! I though it would be the whole book, turns out there are three more to be released that will make the first book of the trilogy. I can't wait until they come out.
on 26 August 2014
This adaptation of the first part of “The girl with the dragon tattoo” is stylish, clever, nicely illustrated and a great read. It is the most violently and sexually graphic graphic novel (with the possible exception of “Lost Girls” on the latter count) I have ever read but is an accessible and stylish alternative to the Larsson novel.
on 20 February 2013
I am a big fan of the Millennium novels (have the hardback,and paperback) pluss all the dvds,swedish,-Tv extended Versions,and the usa remake,i think i thought this was going to be the first book (not part of it) and i also think it is more based on the u.s.a. remake movie,
on 5 October 2013
Really well written with a story line that tells a million stories. Words cannot say enough about the brave people who confront and expose the scum who only think of their own scabby little needs.
on 30 January 2013
Artwork and story good, but I was not aware that the book was only half the story and that there should be another book ( Book 2), which up to now I have been unable to source
on 30 April 2015
the book is great but when i received it, it had a sticker on the front which is very hard to remove and left white marks on the cover, great other than that