Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Download now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 8 August 2016
Just as good as the first one, if not better. I am absolutely loving this series and cannot recommend it enough!

In this volume, we continue Dream's journey as he works to make up for his long absence. In doing so, we also get an eye-opening glimpse into his backstory, allowing us a further and deeper understanding of this character as Neil Gaiman presents us with a younger version of Dream...in love. We are introduced to Nada, a beautiful young woman who fell in love with the King of the Dreamworld, not realizing the sacrifices she'll need to make to be with him until it's too late. Nada plays a significant role in Dream's storyline and in shaping him, and we discover that he can be possessive and hurtful when he doesn't get his way. We are also introduced more thoroughly to Dream's older sister, Death, as she goes about her day doing her job and sending people to the afterlife.

The highlight of this volume, however, is the story of Rose - a human dream vortex, who happens to be the granddaughter of Unity Kincaid (a character we met in the first volume, who was asleep for most of her life during Dream's captivity), and who is on a mission to find her little brother.

Intertwined are all these different stories introducing different characters, each seemingly unrelated to one another, each seemingly, random and curiously strange and nonsensical, and although you are enjoying each and every one of these stories in isolation, you are confused as to what it has to do with the Sandman, and how it is all related.

But in the end, Gaiman brilliantly brings together all the subplots making you unable to react in any other way except to say "ahhh...I get it now", as he sets the stage for what's to come in this bizarre and dark journey of his.
on 17 November 2017
I've read a few bits and pieces of Gaiman's work and I've loved all of them to some degree or another. This was something else again. I'd enjoyed the first Sandman trade paperback but I didn't think it stood up all that well to Gaiman's other stuff. The second one blew all of that out of the water. The way you're drawn into each level of dream through a story that mostly takes place in the real world. The drift between fantasy and nightmare and all things inbetween. The palpable otherworldliness of the character Dream. I know this is already gushing but Neil Gaiman is a legit freaking genius and this volume clearly demonstrates that.
on 5 November 2014
Having heard the positive reviews on Neil Gaiman's seminal work I decided to give it a punt. Don't regret it. The series starts ok in volume 1 but really picks up and expands the universe(s) here with a real feeling of depth to the worlds seen. There is a definite story arc across the collection with a single issue straying elsewhere. I wouldn't read without starting in volume 1 where the for dating are set but there is a prologue (very interestingly written) that fills you in. Look forward to volume 3.
on 25 April 2017
This is a great graphic novel. Highly recommended
on 15 March 2015
Brought this for my teenage son, I'm a big fan of Neil Gaiman so I hoped he would enjoy it. He didn't put it down and has requested the rest of the sandman books. Success!
on 5 October 2017
My first supplier of this book fell through- thankfully you came through and were able to supply this much needed addition to our Neil Gaiman collection
on 29 May 2014
Awesome, and astounding... By all means the series keeps getting better, and in this volume we follow the strange world of Rose Walker... Enjoy, enjoy!
on 24 February 2016
Not my favourite but still amazing.
on 5 November 2015
Bought as gift recipient really pleased
on 23 March 2015
Great item, swiftly delivered, would definitely use again. Thank you.