Customer reviews

on 10 April 2016
Fables Deluxe Edition Vol.1 collects the first two trade paperbacks (Legends in Exile and Animal Farm) of the Fables saga. The deluxe edition itself is excellent quality and I didn't have any problems with it at all. I quite enjoyed this edition and it's two story arcs - the first is the story of Fabletown Sheriff Bigby Wolf's (AKA The Big Bad Wolf) attempts to solve the mystery of Rose Red's (Snow White's sister) disappearance. The second is the story of a revolution taking place at the up-state Animal Farm, where all the non-human Fables live. The art in both story arcs is beautifully detailed, and the writing from Bill Willingham is consistently solid throughout. I did enjoy reading the collected first 10 issues of Fables, however once I finished reading I didn't feel like I had to buy the next edition straight away, as I have done with many other comic book series. I feel like I might come back to Fables at some point, but not any time soon.
on 27 August 2015
I have to say this is one of the most beautiful hard cover editions I've ever laid hands on, the cover art work is incredible! The deluxe edition is very well made with a nice gloss covering which is a copy of what the hard cover image is.

The story itself is also a fantastic and enjoyable read for any comic fans, and those who enjoy a good twist on their old fabled bed time story characters.

I actually got introduced to Fables through the Tell Tale Games A Wolf Among Us and instantly had to have more and went straight online and bought this edition after completing Episode 5, and now it's safe to say I'm hooked! Looking forward to the second volume deluxe edition!
on 3 May 2017
Great book and great Seller. I totally recomend it.
on 13 August 2015
Great, enjoyed this. Like the artwork and such a cool and interesting idea.
on 26 November 2017
Such a great idea and so well done.
on 21 December 2013
I was interested in a game called The Wolf Among Us and it turns out it was based on the FABLES series so I looked into the series and was immediately interested. So I bought this deluxe edition and I have to say it is great.
on 11 April 2013
I have been reading this brilliant series for years and decided to purchase the hardcover graphic novel to add to my collection. I couldn't be more pleased - it reads even better in one volume and also looks great with a special cover drawn by cover artist James Jean. The basic premise is fairy tale characters living in the real or "mundane" world as they themselves call it. Gone are the happy endings and niceties instead we get a realistic tough talking group of characters with humour and depth.
For fans of the comics this is a must have and for those new to Fables take a risk and reap the reward!
on 21 March 2014
i was recommended this series by a friend and decided to order the deluxe editions as they are a great way to read the story without having to have every individual issue, the Fables story is an interesting one and an interesting alternative to the average batman or marvel comics,
it was also in perfect contition and arrived on time so there are no problems i can think of so it is an easy 5 stars

okay ive written the reveiw Amazon, now will you let my family go?

*gun shots*

*screams*

................................................
on 7 December 2015
A Great product, I loved reading the comics. They just bring you straight into the story, amazing build up and I just couldn't wait for the next one. I instantly bought the second one and now im waiting till Christmas to get the next 4. I cant wait till I get to read the next lot. A great book and I would recommended it to anyone who was interested.
on 14 December 2014
Great series. Haven't read something that felt so "fresh" since watchmen. The books themselves are of a very high quality and well worth the money. If you want to read something which genuinely mixes up the genre I couldn't recommend it enough, especially considering the decline in quality from other comic publishers.