on 16 November 2015
A brilliant story but this edition is terrible. Firstly, if you're a student you can't use it for study because they've changed the original spellings of certain words such as 'sivilize' and you need to be able to quote from the original! Secondly the text is ridiculously small and while small text is usually fine in this case it's just too small it takes away the enjoyment of reading it. Not to mention it's got a horrible cover anyway, it's really not worth the two pound as you can't use it for study, I wish I had spent a bit more just buying a nicer/better edition. Collins classics is a complete let down.
on 9 November 2013
I thought I'd buy this as I hadn't read it since childhood. I already had The Adventures of Tom Sawyer but to buy Huck Finn separately was quite expensive. This copy of both stories together was very cheap so I have given my Tom Sawyer to my friend. I was a little disappointed as the print is very small, but this does not detract from the charming story of my childhood.
on 5 November 2016
I found that this book was interesting in that it gives an insight into the lives of those peoples who lived in the United States at that time and the language they used. However, it does seem to use more spoken words than necessary in some cases.
on 25 November 2015
Interesting to revisit an author who was force-fed to me in schooldays as part of my English literature studies. It's amazing how much more enjoyable it can be to read a book when it isn't compulsory to do so! Mark Twain was clearly a gifted storyteller and these tales have stood the test of time very well indeed.
on 8 August 2014
It was one of those books that I always heard about people saying have you read it? Why not you should.! Now that I have read it I am asking myself why did I not read it sooner? absolutely a classic. Highly recommended for all you teenagers who are bored to inspire you to get out there and have your own adventure. Get reading.
on 19 March 2015
I bought the Audio CD for Huckleberry Finn from Hodder Children's Classics. What was not clear when I bought it was that it's an abridged version. Total running time is 50 minutes. I went through the 'unabridged' title on Amazon, but it changed when I clicked through to Audio CD and sadly I've now got a very cut down version. I'm sure it's very good, but it's not what i wanted. Beware before you buy.
on 20 February 2016
This book is an absolute classic and a must read for any self respecting fan of books. the descriptions are really vivid so you feel like you are actually there and the characters are all very life-like and amiable. I would highly recommend this book.
on 4 June 2017
I have loved it since I was six and we read it at school. A real page-turner, transporting us into another place far away and time long ago, by an extraordinarily wise and perceptive writer. Great fun too.
on 7 April 2014
Planned to listen to this CD on a long family car journey, but the reading was stilted and accents so poor that we ejected after about 5 minutes!! The readers kept slipping out of their southern American accents, which we all found really irritating!

Arcadia would be well advised to use true Americans to read this story. There are other versions of Huckleberry Finn - I would never recommend this!
on 8 November 2013
IN CONVINCING HUBBY HE SHOULD READ SOME CHILDHOOD CLASSICS I DECIDED TO DO THE SAME SECOND TIME AROUND. STARTING WITH THIS ONE I CANNOT REMEMBER IT BEING SO DIFFICULT TO READ WHEN I WAS YOUNGER OR MAYBE I HAD A SIMPLIFIED CHILDREN'S VERSION THEN. I AM STICKING WITH IT THOUGH AND FINDING IT VERY ENJOYABLE. I DON'T KNOW IF HUBBY WOULD GET ON WITH THIS ONE AS SO DIFFERENT FROM RLS ADVENTURES.