on 17 January 2013
I bought this book because of the TV drama that was soon to be screened. I've given it 4 stars because I really enjoyed the story - well told and informative - and it was one of those where I didn't want to put it down until finished.
on 25 January 2013
After watching the TV presentation I was expecting more descriptive characterisation and dialogue. Honestly I found it rather dull - but that may be because I had just finished Dominion by CJ Sansom..
on 5 February 2013
I loved the book. Kept my attention from beginning to end. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good going spy story.
on 21 February 2014
Good, pacy read.I chose this for my book club and most of the group enjoyed it, especially the men. The TV version is slightly different.
on 14 November 2011
It is a fascinating book and well written. With a small knowledge of Poland as my father was Military Attache in Warsaw at the start of the War, it couldn't be more appropriate. All the places come to life, and I cannot put it down.
on 2 November 2015
Excellent
on 21 December 2016
Excellent
on 7 October 2014
The book is very well written, and gives a new insight to situation in Poland, and other mid European countries. Scope for a Sequel ?.
on 17 February 2013
I purchased this to smooth out some points from the recent T.V. production. Enjoyed it, reminded me of Philip Kerr's books
on 8 February 2013
It took a lot of concentration at the beginning to place all the characters in the story but once i got to about halfway i began to enjoy it more.