on 16 June 2013
I'm a big fan of the Bernie Gunther series, my favourite books. This on the other hand doesn't come close. Though it has some interesting historical facts and surprises.
on 10 July 2015
Sir Isaac looked at from another direction! Maybe changes a few perceptions of his God like status.
on 12 December 2014
Well written and informative novel, but then Philip Kerr never disappoints.
on 12 March 2014
I first saw mention of this book on UTube and it was unclear it was a work of fiction added to which is the somewhat misleading title `Dark Matter: The Private Life of Sir Isaac Newton' the latter addition `A Novel' failed to register with me at all. Therefore on receiving the book my immediate reaction was intense disappointment since I do not believe biography and fiction belong together -some level of informed surmise may have its place in linking together missing factual evidence but fiction makes a complete nonsense of biographical writing and history generally where the need for truth is of the essence. I would guess this book has little or nothing to do with the real Isaac Newton it therefore resides on my bookshelf sadly unread. In the circumstances only include this critique if you feel it will serve any useful purpose.
on 14 January 2017
Enjoy Kerr's books
on 4 June 2015
The item was as described and arrived in the specified time slot
on 15 February 2016
new book, promptly delivered
on 17 March 2013
Phillip Kerr has written some excellent books, this one is just about o.k. If you don't know much about Newton before you read this, you'll know only a little bit more when you finish. The book is a mystery which by the time I finished made me think the only mysterious thing was why I read it to the end. Kerr's wartime thrillers are much better.