on 4 February 2017
A superb little book which explains things through the eyes of an autistic child. The pictures are particularly great.
on 9 November 2015
This book was a tool to explain my 8 year old that he has ASD. It worked well, he understood what ASD is and it sparked the conversation about his problems.
on 15 October 2013
This always makes me giggle, the author has a superb sense of humour and is Is unapologetically positive about his own condition. Fantastic read for children and adults.
on 14 August 2017
Really helped our 10 year old son as he related to the descriptions in the book. Although quite basic info, the descriptions and illustrations sparked his interest. He put post-it notes in all the pages with his own notes on too. He was really keen to show his teacher and our relatives.
on 2 October 2017
Great read for my school kids
on 5 June 2017
Fun book for siblings of aspies and other family members. Will recommend
on 27 January 2013
Finding a book that explains Asperger's Syndrome to a pre-teen child is worse than finding a needle in a haystack, so I was pleased to come across this book on Amazon. My nine-year-old daughter has been given a diagnosis fairly recently, although she is borderline so some of the statements didn't quite ring true to her. However, the author's explanations about sensory disturbances particularly were helpful and she could see herself in them. The cartoons were good and gave a more lighthearted feel to the subject matter. I felt the book was useful in conveying the basics to my daughter but there were a couple of items that weren't great. It seems that many 'Aspies' will refer to themselves as being from another planet or alien-like, perhaps in the hope that they will convey how out of place they feel. However, for my daughter, it caused distress as she didn't want to think of herself as vastly different to others. I dislike these comparisons and she was in tears so I'd like to find a book that just addresses the main traits of Asperger's without emphasising this particular aspect.
22 Comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 March 2015
Gave this to my parents to help them understand a little more about my son who has Aspergers. It's a really nice way of explaining a condition which can be really confusing for people who don't live with it. I liked it so much I bought another copy for the parents' group I belong to so everyone could take a look.
on 9 January 2017
My 7yr old is in the process of being diagnosed and we bought this book to explain why he's been seeing a doctor etc. He was so happy reading the book, saying 'hey! That's me!' as it described his behaviour. He loved reading it and loved the pictures. It's quite short but perfect to summarise the way ASD kids think and feel differently.
VINE VOICEon 18 April 2016
not just for kids at all !!!! my hubby and six year old have aspergers and this explained things to me that google never will, its helped my daughter and all our friends to understand more of why and how etc. id recommend this book above all others i have read so far