on 24 January 2018
Got this for stage one physics degree at university. It is a very detailed and very useful book and I would say if you take an Astro module it will be good for later stages as well
on 14 February 2018
This is a great book and it has been unbelievably useful for my University degree with clear, concise explanations and examples.
When you open the front cover the first couple of pages are of common Physics and Astrophysics constants which is brilliant and easy to refer to when there are so many it's easy to mix them up!
At the end of each Chapter there are exercises you can complete to help with continuous learning. These consist of a mix of mathematical, theoretical and computer programming, all which are found in the average Physics Undergraduate course.
One star has been knocked off due to the binding of the book. I found that the book I received has been incorrectly assembled, I open the front cover to the back page upside-down. I imagine this is just a one off and other copies are correct but some people may find this annoying and would perhaps appreciate the heads up. It's not exactly a deal breaker for me so I'm happy =)
Overall I would recommend this book.
on 22 January 2016
Very, very, very good starter book for budding astrophysicists. Easy to follow and well explained.
on 16 September 2016
Just as described
on 3 October 2016
great
on 7 August 2015
Excellent book. It begins With earlier discoveries by Giants like Galilei, Kepler, Newton and Einstein in to Astrophysics of today With for example the brilliant physicist Stephen Hawking.
on 16 August 2016
Book covers all the basics and gives something more. The reason why it gets no five stars is because it is a black and white book.
on 17 June 2013
Covered all the topics of my second year Astrophysics module and is a recommended text for my 3rd year too. It's great, incredibly useful and mine was in good condition too :)
on 3 February 2014
This is the course textbook for 1st/2nd year in Astronomy and it's been a real help. Better for some things than other but all round great overview.
on 4 April 2016
I have just started to use it. I think it meets my expectations.