Customer reviews

on 14 May 2016
I have been listening to the Tetzoo podcast for a few months no, and after the authors talking about this book I felt the need to finally give it a go... and I am glad I did.

The illustrations in the book are excellent, and the way the book reads is amazing.

We just need volume two now, which I have heard is going to be released immanently !!
on 5 July 2017
If you read this as an introduction to realistic study of crytozoology you will probably enjoy this book. If you have already read on the subject to any great degree it is a bit light regarding substance. That said for the low price you pay it is worth looking at.
on 10 January 2014
I bought the Cryptozoologican after starting to listen to the Tetrapod Zoology Podcast - run by the authors. The banter and discussions of presenters rekindled my childhood interest in cryptozoology. As an ecologist I was interested in the attempts the book makes to place the 'mystery creature' into a real context.

The pictures are great and the style is upbeat and jovial. It may not appeal to some but for anyone with an interest in a scientific analysis of mystery creatures.

The only reason I didn't make it a full 5 stars is because I would have liked even more science. I would be interested to see analysis of the ecology of these species not just the possible evolutionary development of the species.

Excellent work and I m looking forward to Volume 2.
on 20 November 2013
A lovely, funny and scientific rigorous romp through the cryptozoological zoo. Great Lovecraftian references, especially the flying polyps at the end.

I've now read this a few times, and enjoyed it even more. There's a lot of material densely packed into well-written and clear prose, and I'm having loads of fun tracking down and going through the references.

Money well spent.