Customer reviews

on 15 July 1999
Oh, Jennifer Crusie, I do love your books!! I first read TELL ME LIES and could NOT stop laughing. CRAZY FOR YOU had me snorting and giggling, too. I imagined Quinn to look like Lauren Holly and Nick to look like Jay Bontatibus who plays Tony Viscardi on the Young and the Restless. Their frustrating love story made me want to shake them sometimes but I knew they'd work out OK. Darla, Max and even the mother had lots of great one-liners. All in all, a great story by one of the best! Jennifer, you're right in the same league as my other 2 favourite "funny" authors: Susan Elizabeth Phillips and Janet Evanovich! Congratulations!!
on 17 June 2010
I ordered this book online not really knowing what to expect but I don't regret it.
Quinn McKenzie is living what she calls a 'beige life'. She's dating the world's nicest guy, she has a good job as an art teacher in high school. And she's bored to the point of insanity. But it's when she adopts a stray dog that her life is turned upside down, and Quinn discovers that when a woman tries to make changes in her life, it can drive a whole town crazy....
In my opinion, the characters and the story line were great and extremely funny. People were giving me strange looks because I would jut suddenly burst out laughing! There's also the surprise of how much of a psycho her boyfriend is.
on 26 July 1999
I've loved every single one of Jennifer's books and this one is no exception. Just when I think she can't top herself, she exceeds my expectations. Jennifer's delightfully wicked sense of humor (ex: every day was a beautiful day in the neighborhood for Bill) keeps me laughing with delight. Her technique with dialogue ranks right at the very top. Every time I think about the break-up of Quinn's parents I start laughing again. That and Darla's attempts to seduce her husband were an absolute hoot. Can't wait until the next one.
on 9 February 2000
I nearly didn't buy this book because it looked like a bog-standard "single thirty-something woman and the problems in her life" girly novel. However, it is highly entertaining,beautifully written and extremely funny. The rather extended love scenes retain traces of the author's previous incarnation as a writer of romances, but certainly don't detract from the book's overall excellence. I wish I had written it.
on 5 March 1999
Let me just say that Jennifer Crusie is quite possibly the world's best writer. I kid you not. Seriously, this book is so fabulous, it is nearly impossible to put down. All I need in life are Jennifer Crusie's books, chocolate, ice cream, four hours alone and I'm fine. Wonderful, superb, exquisite and in all other ways fantastic book. I only wish Jennifer Crusie wrote more, but the world can't possibly get that great.
on 4 April 1999
Great sex and warm-hearted humor. This author has a gift for creating absolutely true, human characters and putting them in the middle of an ordinary life...and then making them a part of an extraordinary story! A super read which my mother stole from me before I could get to it, but then she gave it back saying it was great. I dove right in and you know what? Mothers are ALWAYS right.
on 7 April 1999
Aw, this book is so good that I hated for it to be over. Read it cover to cover in one, late night sitting. Quinn, the heroine, grabs your heart from the first line. And her reluctant hero Nick? Well, he has one of the best comeback lines I've ever read in a book. Count me in the crazy for Crazy for You camp. Totally. Absolutely. And I'm ready to read it again.
on 15 July 1999
"Crazy for You" was pretty good. I never suspected Bill to be that crazy. I'm glad Quinn found true love with Nick, and that everything worked out well for Darla and Max. Last year, I read "Tell Me Lies", and that was also good. Jennifer Crusie is a great writer. She depicts small town life pretty well.
on 27 January 1999
Absolutely--this is Crusie's best, and that's saying a mouthful. This book is sheer fun, notwithstanding the genuinely creepy ex-boyfriend who won't take no for an answer. Nobody writes like Crusie; her voice is unique, utterly charming, and you can hear it a mile away. She really is a treasure.
on 23 February 1999
Only Jenny Crusie could get a plot out of a woman adopting a stray dog! I'm still laughting out loud and calling friends to share some of the best lines from the book. This is one of those few times when I have absolutely no regrets about shelling out the big bucks for a hardcover. <G>