Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 4 February 2013
I am always waiting for the next instalement of plum,so to get my fix of my favorite author I started to read all of her re-issued book and now I am hook on them,this is a lovely light hearted romp ,it makes you smile and laugh out loud,this like all her other books is a keeper ,to read again and again in the future and to tempt my friends with a great read.she has teamed up with this author on other books so why not go back and find these too and have a blast of a read.
on 21 June 2015
I bought this book as a filler while I waited for the next Stephanie Plum novel. I wasn't expecting it to be similar in style, but I did expect the same humour and sense of adventure. This was not the case.

This book is a by the numbers romance, although there is a thriller aspect, I was never thrilled by the supposed intrigue.

The story centres around Kate who when divorced moves back to Keenes Harbour where she has spent many summers, to renovate her parents holiday home there, and create a B & B out of it. However, when she gets fired from the job she has taken there, she lacks the money to continue renovations on the Nutshell, her parents holiday home. Therefore, Kate then goes in a desperate bid to the overall boss Matt, to tell him she needs another job, which he subsequently gives her. The two are attracted immediately and he then makes Kate his assistant, and asks her monitor the other staff so he can find out who sabotaging his business.

I have to say I was really disappointed by this, it was so obvious from the start that the central characters were set to be together, that of course they would find out who did it, and it felt so half hearted when the story finally did reach it's conclusion.
My problem was I felt there wasn' t a reason to follow the story, Kate and Matt were not trying to hide their feelings, there was no real barrier to their romance, and I couldn't have cared less.

While essentially there is nothing wrong with this book, it is without the will they, wouldn't they, aspect most romances introduce. There is no witty banter, and I forgot there was a villain to catch until the end as I skim read though all about how wonderful Matt is, and how much he likes Kate, as this just got so tedious.
This is an ok book, but it lacked too much depth for me.
on 21 October 2013
I still really prefer the Stephanie Plum series but this charged along at a good pace, good fun and a very easy light read. Overall it is a light hearted story but more romance based than laugh out loud rollicking fun as with Ms Plum!
on 21 October 2013
Having read all the Stephanie Plum series and thoroughly enjoyed them I was not disappointed with this one - a love story with a difference and plenty of laughs along the way.
on 28 November 2013
Some of Janet's earlier books are good, but not this one. I have never enjoyed anything she writes in collaboration with anyone else and this has decided me.
on 5 January 2013
When you're feeling blue then read any book by Janet Evanovich, she has me laughing and crying all on the same page.
on 29 January 2015