on 15 June 2016
A very interesting read but use of comprehensive vocabulary that i really struggled to connect with. I found myself re-reading pages to understand what was written, the the extend that i gave up reading half way through. Such as shame as I really looked forward to reading
on 6 August 2013
Finished this book in three days!

This book reveals what really happens at Seaworld, from how the whales were caught in the wild and the tragedies that occur from keeping these magnificent animals in a concrete tank.

Cannot recommend this book enough!
on 7 January 2015
After watching Blackfish I wanted to find out more about these beautiful creatures.This book did not disappoint.
The plight of captive orcas should be bought to the attention of all animal lovers.
Total ban on sealife centre visits in this household.
on 11 April 2016
I read this book after watching blackfish. I was glad as it gave a bit of background. This book is a lot more detailed on the incidents at sea world and it really is amazing how long they have gotten away with this. This book i couldn't put down!!! The only bad thing I can say is some of the descriptions of how people look ( thing like long blonde hair that cascades down her back) and how Naomi seemed to think she may be in love, etc took the focus off the book and the whales. It was a bit annoying however the book is fantastic and I am left hoping they get what they have all worked so hard for. To free the whales and end this crazy circus act.
on 30 May 2014
This book exposes the whole industry of keeping orcas in captivity. Filled with information on the practice of making these beautiful creatures 'performing' up to three times daily. It is very well researched and follows anti captivity activists journey to make conditions improve and ultimately to stop the barbaric practice of performing, captive orcas. It is very sad in places but allows excellent insight of the lives of captive orcas. I was hoping for a happy ending, however, Tilikum remains alone and captive. Highly recommend this book.
on 9 April 2013
A wonderful book so glad I brought it and its quite emotional as well all In all it's an amazing book
on 8 March 2014
After reading this book and having visited Seaworld at least 5 times I will never set foot in Seaworld again. This book gives a fantastic insight as to what goes on behind the scenes where these highly intelligent creatures are kept in captivity. Should you be considering a visit to a show where Ocras are kept in captivity and forced to perform for food this is a must read, then make your decision to go or not.
on 18 January 2014
Fantastic book, read it after watching Blackfish. Well worth reading. Goes into depth about wild whale behaviour in comparison to the way captive whales behave. Shows why these beautiful creatures should never have been subjected to captivity. Also details the goings on behind the scenes as Seaworld. Which was also very interesting. A recommended read to anyone who wants to learn more about this subject.
on 15 July 2014
I knew a fair amount about the plight of orcas at Seaworld and elsewhere, so it's great to see it all laid out so clearly. Despite the work of many conservationists and scientists, much of what's in here isn't well known information and it should be, so I hope this book can change people's minds about how captive orcas are treated.
on 5 August 2012
This book gripped me from the first chapter. I have no particular interest in whales or sealife in general but having read this book I cant but help want to know more. It does read like the best of thrillers, I couldn't put it down and looked forward to the end of the day to get into bed with this along with sneaking in chapters when making dinner, in the park with my Son etc. I'm usually a fiction reader but read this with complete facination, the human characters are vivid the animals are beguiling. Its also a big book which is of course a bonus for anyone buying 'hard backs'. I wouldn't be understating things when I write that this is one of the best books I have ever read, and I have read a lot!