Customer reviews

on 30 May 2016
After being very disappointed with "Dusk with a Dangerous Duke" and reading the other reviews for "Twilight with the Infamous Earl", I decided not to buy/read it, but as I loved the first 5 Lord of Vice books, I decided to give it a go. I am glad I did, as it was really nice to 'get to know' Frost and what drives him and the book was not as bad as I had feared.

But it left more unanswered questions than it addressed. The book did not get into why Sin's wife and Frost seems to 'hate' each other or the history Frost had with Saint's wife - although mentioned in the books about Sin and Saint, it was hinted that there was more to it than what was revealed in these books. It would also have been good to hear more about Lord Ravens and the future of Nox and how Frost and Regan deals with their mother and her secrets.
on 28 November 2013
this should have been been the firework finish.Frost out causing havoc, getting himself into even more trouble,fighting past history and raging against love, friends and enemies alike.The man was made out to be dark and dangerous, not giving in without much of a struggle.It was ok ,just run of the mill ,with fairly bland hero and the usual sweet innocent, NO REAL SPARKLE and a tidy ending, no holding your breath and hoping the most interesting, sexy Lord of Vice was going to be fine when the dust finally settled.SORRY A.H. THIS FIREWORK END WAS A BIT OF A DAMP SQUIBB.
on 6 January 2014
I was so looking forward to this book. Yet it was all over before it began. The narrative lacked depth. It could have been so much more.
on 28 November 2013
So so disappointed with this book. I have been waiting for what seems forever for Frost's story as he had seemed to be the most complex of all the Lords of Vice, Having read all the previous books it seemed that Frost would be the most dangerous and wicked of them all.

Whilst this book is a pleasant read if you have not read any of the other tales it is so very like many other stories of regency rakes. I had hoped AH would have covered the history between Sin's wife and Frost as he obviously had feelings there either from frustrated want for Julianna or peevishness that she had taken his friend from him as he thought. Also the knowledge that he had been intimate with Saint's wife. There was hardly any mention of the previous encounters and this left me feeling very disappointed.

Personally I think that the earlier Lords of Vice books were the best and the last two have left a lot to be desired.

My thoughts after reading this story is that Frost was a pussycat and not the dark, dangerous Lord of Vice that we were led to believe.