on 22 August 2013
Having bought this book to assist me with my contract law module for my post-grad surveying course, I can say that it is excellent throughout. It is very easy to read, which is a must for a newcomer to the subject.
I have also noted on many occasions that the author is actively seeking to establish a clear framework of real life contract law, as opposed to the wholly theoretical subjects in my study materials. For example, A clear relationship between a common mistake and frustration of a contract exists, which was not conveyed to me at all in my study materials. Using this book in conjunction with my studies has really re-enforced the subject matter, much more so than using my study materials alone. The author also is very good at explaining the actual arguments surrounding contract law, giving the reader an overview of how each main subject has its pros and cons in the real world.
I cannot comment on it's effectiveness for law students but for students who will need to master specific areas of the law in order to practice, this book is invaluable.
on 19 November 2014
Very detailed book and is great to use to review judicial statements, law journals and various opinions concerning contract law. Would advise purchasing a simpler book along side this product just to gain the basic principle of a matter before it is explored in so much depth.
on 5 February 2015
I am an LLB student and I find this to be an absolutely essential book for a firm understanding in Contract law. Whenever I have relied on this for tests or assignments I have always performed brilliantly. The fact that the cases and other important bits are presented right there, along with excellent commentary, makes learning so much easier. The language used is very simple and, wherever the judges tend to drone on, McKendrick provides excellent summaries.

But keep in mind it is an advanced textbook, be prepared to read a lot. There are more approachable textbooks out there, I'm sure, but if you are in it to win it, so to say, you can't go wrong with this one.
on 23 January 2016
This book makes a complicated subject just a little easier. If you are studying contract law then worth adding to your collection, though it may well be on your reading list already.
on 27 October 2014
Studying in my first of law and this book has been my bible!
Easy reading for quite a dry topic, with lots of case references, would highly recommend
on 26 December 2016
Very useful book, was helpful to pass my exam on contract law and it was very good value.
on 14 June 2016
Good book. Helped a lot
on 10 January 2016
This text is such a great introduction and survey of LLB contract law. Well written, it is a breeze for practitioners and undergraduates. I heartily recommend it.
on 14 November 2015