on 11 February 2015
Been a life saver in my last year at university and still come in handy to get top marks in my assignments. Would definitely recommend to any student
on 3 May 2017
Helps students with essay writing as it presents steps to follow
on 15 October 2017
big help so far- i haven't completed the book or done all the tasks etc but so far so good.. good enough to give it 5 stars before i'm done with it hahah and i know it'll go a long way over the years.
on 1 November 2017
Great book. Prompt delivery
on 17 June 2017
Great very helpful
on 6 November 2017
So helpful!
on 23 August 2013
I would recommend this book to anyone who is either starting uni or in the middle of their studies. I have picked up this book just before heading to do my masters degree but wish I had read it before. I haven't actually trial-run the suggestions yet but looking at it, in a logical way, I can already tell that it's going to help me write effective essays with much less time I used to spend writing my essays for uni. I'm going to stick with Palgrave as they have other good reads to help me in this stage of learning.
on 1 December 2014
This book is amazing, essays have always stressed me out, and I've found myself struggling on where to start more than once in the past. I haven't quite finished the book yet but that's the beauty of it, you can read it stage by stage and go back to it once you're ready to move on to the next part of writing your essay!

I don't think there's been enough comment on Greetham's style of teaching in the reviews so far. His style of writing is completely engaging, and not in any way patronizing the way that some help books can be. This book has been planned and executed in a way that covers all the bases and (hopefully) all of the questions the reader might have about improving their essay writing skills. For those who want specific answers there's also an online companion which you can search and use to find the relevant information you need in your copy of the book.

I would recommend this to any university student.
on 31 August 2016
Well I went from getting all C's this year to reading this to getting B's...I either took note or pulled my socks up...or maybe reading it made me pull my socks up...who cares it seemed to make a difference!!!
on 15 January 2015
being a mature student returning to education/uni after 25yrs this book has been a god send.