on 2 November 2013
I'm at Uni for the first time in my late 30s and the academic skills required on my course were all new to me. The tips and examples contained in the friendly layout are concise and effective. The essay writing and associated chapters have been very helpful. And just by flicking through the other chapters has given me plenty of ideas to make learning interesting and speedy.
on 25 August 2013
I'm new to study again after a break of 20 years and a decission to make a career change - I found this book to be easy to navigate, it has a good reference system and it explains each chapter in laymans terms, it's a book for dummies really although I'm not claiming to be one.
I would recommend this book to anyone who needs a push in the right direction whether new to studying or not, it's a good tool to have and makes essay writing a whole simpler.
on 14 December 2014
I was looking for a book to help me write my dissertation for my level 7 HRM Dissertation. This book has it all! I've only had it two days but it has already answered so many questions.
The contents looks brief, but look at the index and particular sections and you will not need to look at another book.
I particularly like the dissertation section for literature review guide.
Clear, concise and easy to read. I'd highly recommend it.
on 13 October 2013
Helped with my essay writing and currently using it to assist with report writing for my access to health course. This is a diploma level 3 course leading to a degree course so I am sure to be using this book time and time again.
on 8 May 2013
University requirements have moved on dramatically since I last studied at university. This book has been a great help, to accompany my study skills module, one part of my degree in nursing.
on 18 December 2013
I bought this as I needed it for one of my degree modules and its fantastic. The book is well presented, has some illustrations to break up all the text, is well written, structured and concise. It covers everything you need if you are going back to study. I will definitely buy more books by Palgrave and Stella Cottrell.
on 25 December 2013
Just a few sentences from me. I am about to start a long distance learning course and felt that I could do with knowing how to write notes better or whether there were some tips for reading effectively and memory.

This book has it all. I have near enough finished the chapters that are most relevant to the subject I am about to learn and after reading this book. I have taken from it a great deal and I feel alot more confident with how I will perform in my studies. 4/5 * from me.

At £10 I have gained a great deal, I would recommend this book.
on 24 October 2014
got this book as was required for my uni degree pre- reading list most of it is common sense but if you struggle with organisation and finding time to fit your studies in the book is helpful as can help you to gain key knowledge to help you succeed ... however if you are already organised and know how to Harvard references and time manage don't purchase as you wont need this book
on 30 October 2013
This is the second one of these books in the series I have purchased and they are very clear and easy to understand with everything you could need for support whilst studying towards a degree. This was recommended by my tutor on her reading list and at just over ten pounds it has been a really useful study resource.
on 11 October 2013
A great book giving good pointers on how to study. I would recommend this book. I am glad I have purchased this book in time for my degree.