on 2 April 2016
This book devotes a great number of it's pages to detailed instructions on how to use a select set of software packages to create UX documentation. It was an easy book to read and didn't take that long to get through, although I must confess I did skip a few of the step by step instructions on using the authors chosen computer applications. Here lies the problem, As a professional UI/UX I already know how to use my software, I was looking for a book that could help and inspire me with my own documentation and build on my knowledge of UX. Unfortunately "Communicating the User Experience: A Practical Guide for Creating Useful UX Documentation" falls short of the mark..

If you already have experience in this field, I would steer clear.
on 11 July 2012
This is a well laid out and well structured book which takes you through the stages of communicating user experiences. The reason why this book stands out for me is that is takes you through step by step on how to construct the different documentation that is used to convey key ideas to the users. The majority of time with IT books you get the theory, but not how to put it into practice.

I have used the task and persona templates and have been really happy with the results and the users loved it. Would love a part 2 of the book going into other types of deliverable as I feel there is a gap in the market for it.

Not going to change the world, but will definately give you a clear steer as to what you should be thinking about when you create deliverables.
on 2 January 2012
This is a very practical book, loaded with tips and tricks that will allow you to communicate and present your research and design documentation more effectively to project stakeholders. Beginners and mid-weight UX practitioners alike will find this book immensely valuable, but I'm sure that even seasoned designers will find in it a few things that will help them improve their deliverables. Furthermore, if you want to apply principles of information design and visual thinking to your deliverables, this book will give you some ideas.

Deliverables design is an important skill, so if you take it seriously, make sure this book finds its way into your library.
on 29 December 2012
Product: This is a great book and as described. It's great for beginners learning about User Experience and also a good read for User Interface Designers, I recommend buying this book even if you use it as for quick references.
Price: Reasonably priced.