VINE VOICEon 13 July 2012
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My daughter is hoping to train as a midwife so I think this will be very helpful. Well laid out and easy to follow. Lots of information and practice test. If you are getting ready for a medical career I think it would be very useful
on 14 May 2012
As a parent of a son who is hoping to get into med school, not only did he find this book extremely helpful, I have also been able to understand a process and time scales for supporting him. This book is clear and easy to follow. My son has found the reasoning tests and questions both helpful and enlightening. I now have a better understanding of the expectations that are required for med school. I note it has been written by 2 Drs, which makes complete sense unlike some of the other books I viewed which are written by non medical professionals.
33 Comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 May 2012
My daughter is hoping to get into medical school and we bought this to help her prepare. We have not been disappointed. The book is very well set out and user friendly even for people who are unfamiliar with the UKCAT. It has been extremely helpful and after reading the book, my daughter now feels prepared and confident in completing the test. As the authors are both doctors who regularly run courses helping people get into med school you can expect top notch advice. Essential reading and highly recommended.
on 5 May 2012
After working through 'UKCAT for Dummies' I felt far more suitably prepared to tackle the UKCAT, this book really helps you to learn a technique to tackle the questions. The questions provided have a good range of difficulty similar to those on the UKCAT, and the answers are well explained. My only minor reservation would be that although the Verbal Reasoning section is a similar difficulty to the UKCAT (if not marginally harder, helping you to be suitably prepared) the texts are shorter than in the actual exam. I believe that with using this book to master the technique and doing as many practise questions as possible you will have a winning formula!
11 Comment| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 May 2012
This book provides coverage of all the important aspects of preparation for the UKCAT. It is well written and focused. I would recommend this book to anyone who is planning to tackle the UKCAT.
on 29 June 2012
This book was exceedingly helpful and useful in providing essential information, help and support for the ukcat test. It is intelligently written and the layout was easy to read. The book clearly displayed that although challenging and off-putting the UKCAT could be easily mastered and completed with a helpful array of useful tips, questions and answers and contained many ways to help answer the challenging questions. The book was also highly comical and had many entertaining cartoons and anecdotes. It was well worth the read and was an extremely useful and interesting piece of literature.
on 30 June 2012
This book is extremely helpful. Previously, I did not understand some of the subtests of he UKCAT. Through the approach taken throughout the book, the subtests were broken down individually and through examples I came to understand what was required of me. The language used by the authors is entertaining and easy to understand and the structure of the book meant that there is always a clear sense of direction, progress. Numerous strategies for each subtest are suggested and by implementing these strategies in the practice tests my confidence was built up. I now feel much better prepared to sit the exam, which I owe to this brilliant book!
on 15 July 2012
UKCAT For Dummies is an interesting, informative and easily readable book.

I originally bought a book which contained only practice questions and answers for the test, but I found this very daunting as it contained few tips to answering the questions. UKCAT For Dummies, however, made me feel much less anxious about the exam as it contained an array of helpful techniques for doing the questions, organising time and avoiding stress. The book also contains two full length practice tests which give you a good idea about what the test is actually like and how you are performing. Finally, the anecdotes and images make the whole thing seem much less like hard work!
on 20 April 2012
The guide is simple and readable. Easy to understand and the perfect tool to crack UKCAT. I bought this book after reading other top sellers for UKCAT. I feel its far better than the others and wouldn't recommend buying anything else. Hope this review was helpful. BEST OF LUCK for the exams!!!
on 25 August 2012
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I give this book to my niece who is planning to apply to study Medicine next year. She used this book to prepare for the UKCAT which she has now completed and in which she achieved a very high score. I asked her to review the book as I felt this would be far more relevant than me trying to do so.

Here is what she wrote:
"I found this book very helpful for preparing for the UKCAT. It clearly explained each of the sub-tests, and what they aimed to test. The practice questions were very similar in style to those in the actual exam. The book contained useful tips for preparing for the UKCAT, as well as clear explanations of each of the answers. However, I would recommend that you get another UKCAT book to supplement this one, as I do not feel that it alone would provide enough practice (it gives the equivalent of three mock exams, and I completed the book in afew days)."

To finish I did look through the book as well and I agree with my niece that it is well written and explained. I would have given it 5 stars if it had contained more practice tests.