Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 February 2017
I started reading with no knowledge of investing in shares. This book has been really helpful and taken me to the next step. Im now ready ro start planning my portfolio!!
on 24 April 2016
I would highly recommend this book - it is a starting point (i.e. you would need to do other research online / in other books) but it allows you to understand the key jargon, etc..
on 20 June 2016
Great book for newbies like me!
on 20 June 2016
Some sections are good, other parts of the book feel like padding but overall a worthwhile purchase.
on 15 January 2016
Good so far!
on 22 November 2015
Contains plenty of useful information but, even allowing for the fact the authors say it is designed as a "dip into" text rather than solely a straight "read through" it is very repetitive at times. Ah, well, I suppose it is "for Dummies"!
on 3 January 2016
I am dyslectic and english is my second language, however I find this book very easy to read. The content is very informative - everything is explained in details with useful examples. Great book for someone new to the investment world!
on 21 December 2016
Good book easy to read
VINE VOICEon 8 August 2016
I have made and lost money on shares in the past but the problem is I have never had a strategy other than thinking the price is a bit lower than normal, or the company might do well in the future. There have been times when I'm just ended up with a load of random stocks. This book (which I was pleased to see is British unlike a lot of Dummies books I have read which are aimed at American readers) takes you from the very basics of personal finance and share trading to how to select companies to invest in. It's really chapters 10 to 13 that are the heart of the book in which it explains what to look for on a balance sheet, ratios and selecting industries. I didn't expect to find much about funds and ETFs in the book but there is also quite a useful section on this area which is a great way.of buying lots of shares. It's not going to make me a fortune overnight reading this book but it might give me a few pointers in identifying what to buy in the first place.
on 6 July 2013
I know almost nothing about the subject - this books takes you through the process of understanding how to start the process of investing in shares, how to define your state of finances at the start of the process, and debunking some of the myths surrounding the process - I enjoyed the book and would recommend this to anyone who hasn't dealt with shares.