TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 29 December 2013
We have just shifted to a new Mac from a PC and, once you get beyond the basic functions ( bit of guesswork allied to similarities with iOS) , some help was really needed to start to better use Mavericks and the supplied software.

Three weeks in and this guide has proven to be a godsend and is used as a first choice reference tool.

Happy to recommend.
on 4 February 2014
titled for "dummies"ie,beginners but it is far too techie and not written in easy to understand language.It presumes you already know what all the tech and computer speak words mean.My conclusion is that it is not suitable for described purpose.
on 16 January 2014
About 30% through the book and so far so good. Writing style is technical + attempts at light hearted banter... but its ok it works for me and breaks up the dry details enough to keep you me interested.
on 30 March 2014
EXCELLENT book for those who want more detailed stuff. Shame it is in black and white. However, I give it 4 stars for content and value but would pay at least half again for a full colour version.
on 21 January 2015
Essential reading for me when I got my first ever Mac (which I LOVE). But changing from Windows (urgh) to IOS was a learning curve that's for sure. This book explained everything to me, and I now whizz round the system. A great, uncomplicated book which says it how it is.
on 9 February 2014
Breaks it down into areas that you can just go into to get information on a particular subject within the whole operating system.
I found the wifi section very informative.
Typically American style of writing but not of puting.
on 29 August 2014
Very voluminous. Author's opinions can be useful but humour not always so. Published at time of release of software and therefore must be based on beta or other early version.
on 9 March 2014
Like all of the books in this series it seems to cover the information that you need. You may need to try different words in the index to find your query.