Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 August 2014
An absolutely brilliant book that covers all aspects of vSphere 5.5 but also refers back to 5.0 and 5.1. It was very easy reading and i felt that it all tied together really well. i used the book previously for my VCAP-DCA as a refresher but only used certain sections which is perfectly possible with this book and have just re-read the whole book as a refresher for my VCDX preparations. It covers all the foundation knowledge you will need and even benefited someone like me who has been doing VMware vSphere work as a senior consultant for years. Great work Nick,Scott,Forbes,Matt and Josh!!
on 8 July 2014
If this book was reviewed on its content only then the average score would be 4.5 or higher. It does annoy me that the average score includes reviews for the Kindle price! It's hardly relevant.
This book is well written, full of important information and tips and is crucial if you want to pass the VCP5 exam. Other reviewers should revisit their scores and judge it by it's content. My only small criticism would be that the screenshot type is quite small, but I'm old enough to use a magnifying glass without shame.
It makes easy reading of a complex subject and I can't give higher praise than that.
on 29 December 2014
A thorough reference book. Sometimes a little repetitive or detailing the patently obvious, but I have learned most of what I know from this book (and the 5.0 version) so it would be wrong to complain. Works well in the Kindle edition, best on iPad, but fine on a Kindle White.

9/10 - well worth the money
on 18 December 2014
What I love about this book is it approaches VMWare in the order you'd set it up as a consultant for a customer. The chapters are ordered and the information is clear, relevant and easy to read.

I read this book twice before taking my VCP5-DCV exam and it was extremely helpful. Make sure you follow some of the labs to refresh your memory or areas you don't use that often day to day.

Excellent book.
on 26 November 2013
The content is exactly what you would expect, and follows on nicely from the previous edition but the one issue I have with it is the quality of the pages and cover. It's rather flimsy and looks like a dogs breakfast after very little use.

I would happily pay slightly more for a better quality finish - hard cover option, with better quality pages next time please.
on 13 December 2013
I have to agree with the other reviews here while the content may be top notch the quality of the book is flimsy I would have preferred a hard back also why is the kindle version double the price or was until Amazon dropped the price. I have purchased the book from Amazon I did not purchase it elsewhere.
on 12 February 2015
Good resource for the beginner and experienced Virtualisation person alike, always there on my kindle. Written by some of the best in the business. Can't wait for the vSphere 6 book.
on 5 May 2015
Studying this book helped me to pass my VCP 5 upgrade exam. Lots of detail, I'll be keeping it as a reference manual too.
on 5 November 2013
The price here is way too expensive, especially when you consider that the paper version is over 50% cheaper.

Make it the same or cheaper and it's worth it but paying over £40 for the kindle version as it stands just doesn't make sense
on 6 July 2014
Excellent write up. This is the best IT book ever.good description of terms