on 29 December 2013
These books took 2 days to receive. In the interim I was ready to tear my hair out. Once received I sat down and looked for information on the problems I was having, being many. The solutions were easy to find and understand. Hey presto, I was now cooking on gas. I especially like the shortcuts and tips suggested. Without these books I might have taken the pc back to the shop. I would definitely recommend them to everyone who has just purchased a pc with windows 8 as they are exactly what the title says, a book for dummies. You will be amazed at what your learn and what you can now achieve on your pc.
on 8 May 2014
Didn't realise this was a pint-sized version of the normal 'Dummies' series so illustrations are a bit dull and small, but as I'm totally new to 'Windows' it got me up and running pretty quickly once it arrived. Only problem was the length of time it took to get the book delivered. I ordered the book 2 days before I ordered the computer, thinking they would arrive more or less together but the books arrived over a week after the computer. Not impressed, as I've come to expect much much better from amazon.
on 9 April 2014
I've just purchased a new desk top computer, it runs on windows 8.1, which in the showroom looked quite simple to use. But found it quite confusing to use when I started it up at home, I couldn't set it up for my requirements. Then I purchased the book and CD's Dummies for Windows 8.1 and Word 2013. With an hour I'm starting to get to grips with both Windows 8.1 and Word 1013. I think this is a must for understanding both of these programmes. Would highly recommend to people new to Windows 8.1 who feel a bit confused by all the tiles and different ways they have set things up.
on 11 March 2014
I found the Windows 8 and Office for Dummies for useful. I had just purchased a windows 8 computer and as it was so different to windows 7 \I could not have been able to start the comp-uter without dummies. The dvd's were excellent. Worth every penny and more.
on 25 December 2014
Windows 8. Hm well if you buy this you will be go ogling what is missing. Best of luck particularly if you are using X P .
For some reason Microsoft want Windows to look like The Android OS.
on 24 September 2014
Ideal book for learning Windows 8 and Office 2013. Arrived quickly - thanks.
on 18 June 2015
Great well worth the money
on 1 February 2014
No I would not , with hindsight purchase. You can learn just as much by using gthe tuturials provided with pc and using gthe old trial and error bit
on 25 June 2015