on 30 April 2014
This book helped me through learning Wordpress from scratch, from how to add static pages to how to add slideshows and then how to go more in depth!
I wouldn't be without this book, even now, as WordPress has been updated, it still gets used as a guide.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 31 August 2013
There's not much I can add to what others have said about this excellent guide. It's enormously detailed and pretty much a classic of the step by step "dummies" kind of "how to" approach. The "visual" part refers to all the screen shots for just about every click you'll have to make to set up your blog. Every step is numbered. The only problem with the book is keeping it open as you type and click. (An old fashioned book holder does the job.)

Note that this is the 2013 edition. There were a couple of earlier editions that I haven't seen.

The main thing I want to say is that I wish I had had this book when I set up my WordPress blog two years ago. It would have saved me a lot of time and tedium.

--Dennis Littrell, author of "The World Is Not as We Think It Is"
on 3 March 2016
As a newcomer to WordPress I looked at almost all of the beginner books before this one caught my eye. It is probably the best book available for WordPress users of all levels that covers all of the essentials in a clear and concise style with plenty of relevant pictures and images. This book took me from Absolute Beginner to Competent User within a month. I would strongly recommend it to all new users of WordPress.
on 29 August 2013
A good reference, althouh a bit light on detail in places, even so it's an easy to read reference that answered many of the questions that I had.
on 29 October 2013
Clear & concise instruction from the initial idea of setting up a website through to customising it to your needs