Excel for Dummies has so far covered everything I can think of relating to Excel. It takes you from novice to reasonably competent with well worked through chapters filled with examples. It's easy to digest and easy to follow.

However, this is not a book that easy to jump into and out of unlike some Dummies books. This is really a book that is designed like a course to be followed. If you are reasonably familiar with Excel then there is another Dummies book which is for formulas only. In some ways that is much more useful for anyone who has used Excel a bit.

Overall if you are new to Excel and want to become very competent at it then working through this book will get you there.
on 2 October 2013
I use Excel on a day to day basis and have been using up to version 2010, this book helped update me quickly on the extras for 2013 at a sensible price plus useful as a general reference guide on Excel.
on 24 February 2015
What I liked the most: I am a Dummy in some areas of excel, and quite skilled in other areas. This book served me in all areas. It is easy to find what you are looking for. It works (for me) betst when I combine it with the Help function (especially around advanced use of the formulas.
on 23 November 2015
May be it's me, but I thought a "for dummies" guide was as basic as ABC with lots of diagrsms and step by step scenarios. For somebody who knew nothing about excel andmwas trying to self teach after receiving this book am no further forward. It certainly isn't for dummies.

It is a large book in small print which I found intimidating and definitely not the step by step I was anticipating.

I let the title of the book lull me in false security. If youve got over basic knowledge of Excel and want to learn more then this book mightbe for you.
on 23 May 2017
Bought this to help with a work project on excel. Given that I had very little excel experience outside of making graphs, this book had me doing complex formulae within a week. Outstandingly well written and thorough in a way that educates without being patronising or confusing. I'd recommend this book to anyone.
on 9 July 2017
Good, used regularly
on 5 May 2017
A book, nothing more - no examples to download for you to work through which is exactly what I bought it for, unlike other Excel books that provide downloads and actually let you improve your skills.
on 27 February 2017
All good
on 11 April 2014
Mmm - wasn't exactly what I was looking for - I suppose I was hoping for some form of exercise book where I might practice making up my own spreadsheets and fiddling around with the functions of Excel - this book doesn't seem to have anything like that..
on 5 March 2014
Obviously not a book one sits down to read cover to cover, but an excellent reference book. I have a) just upgraded to Excel 2013 and b) started a job where I needed to use many more advanced functions which I knew existed, but had forgotten how to use. This book is well laid out, has clear instructions and I know it will sit beside the laptop and become a well-thumbed friend.