on 22 July 2014
It's a great book, perfect for users comfortable with Excel generally but wanting to learn VBA. It's always the book I recommend people to start with. There are a lot of nice examples and the majority of things you will encounter whilst doing VBA are covered in some respect - even if you might seek additional specific advice elsewhere on the net.
The 2013 vs. the 2010 version do not seem particularly different - as VBA hasn't really changed too much since 2007 I guess. Disappointing that the 2013 paper book does not come with the CD-ROM containing a .pdf version of the book (along with examples) that the 2010 paper book did.
on 25 February 2015
As always with "Mr Excel" this is a terrific book, extremely well written and in language that makes the "other" side of Excel accessible. Book was well packaged and delivered quickly.
on 8 February 2016
I love John's books! Easy to use, well organised, lots of examples, etc. I'm an experienced Excel/VBA developer, but always find new tips and tricks. But don't be put off if you're just starting out; assuming you have a basic understanding of Excel, this isn't too daunting for beginners. John also has a great writing style, and I love the little bon mots he includes to lighten the geekiness!
on 23 November 2015
This is a useful reference book but glad I've just invested in the VB for dummies book as well. Using both together will be great
on 6 July 2014
An essential publication for any Excel power user and written in such a way as to make it clear interesting and informative.
on 9 September 2014
Very well presented for both Pro and Beginners. Using Excel since the late 80's and Lotus Symphony before that I found Excel 2013 brilliant and after having read this book was able to understand many new features that I didn't know were there. Well done John
on 4 July 2015
This is a very complete guide to VBA - I cannot imagine myself doing all the macros I have produced without this book!
on 19 March 2014
Well composed book that covers all its subjects very well. If you're enjoying Excel and want to make it fly , then this is for you
on 28 May 2014
This book was excellent. I would recommend it and have no problem giving it five stars. I had to contact the author to clarify one point and he was very helpful. He emailed twice with his thoughts.
on 26 January 2017
A comprehensive guide to all aspects of Excel VBA programming. I have learned a lot and been able to apply it to projects at work. I would definitely recommend this book if, like me, you are looking to learn more about automating Excel with VBA and running User Forms.