on 1 March 2011
This is a well produced manual, easy to read and see, and especially good for beginners to Photoshop Elements 9. Certainly worth getting. Each topic is dealt with briefly (a very useful start) so the committed user will probably want to get more detailed help after having used this very good book.
on 8 June 2013
Uncomplicated guide especially for the likes of me who is not computer literate. Only low side was that I thought there could have been some simple advice on photo repairs, especially on old photographs which are damaged or marked. I ended up finding a good site on youtube for easy photo repair
on 10 April 2011
I bought this to help me with Photoshop 9 and it is just the ticket. Well illustrated and with simple jargon-free explanations. I can see I shall be using it frequently.
on 24 December 2012
Having had Teach Yourself Visually for Elements 8 I knew it would be just what I wanted for Elements 11.
on 4 January 2011
Nice book, looks easy to use.I have already done a short couse on photoshop at our local college, so am familiar with the icons, which is good as they are very small and difficult to see. Very useful book.
on 13 February 2013
This is a good book and as it say in its title it teaches you visually I certainly recommend this book
on 25 April 2014
This book covers just everything you could want to do in Elements 11 and it's beautifully constructed. It follows a set pattern for each example so makes even complicated tasks much easier to assimilate. The best part was the excellent index at the front of the book making it very easy to find the task required. Recommended.
on 2 March 2014
I have used this in conjunction with other manuals i have but by the time i started to study it I already had a working knowledge of the basics .This was therefor helpful to me but not essential, I felt it was aimed at those with little experience of photoshop.I would however recommend this book for its clarity ,the visual format is good.
on 22 May 2015
This is a fantastic book if you don't use PSE on a daily basis and occasionally need reminding how to do things. If you don't like wading through paragraph after paragraph of text to find out how to do something, then this is the book for you. The explanations are pictorial and very easy to follow (and work!). I keep it by my computer as a ready reference. The book covers a a wide range techniques on "the basic" functions of PSE. However, if you want more advanced and complex effects, you will need to look elsewhere. Maybe the author will bring out a second book covering these in the future. Great book for the amateur and intermediate PSE user.
on 30 January 2015
I purchased this book a couple of weeks ago, after researching on amazon and reading the reviews of alternatives I decided this book gave me the best chance of mastering Photoshop. I use it in conjunction with a couple of tutorial discs that came free with a magazine. Whilst still at the beginner level I have taught myself to improve the exposure level of photos and have already systematically improved 90% of my existing photo archive even using the Photoshop tools to restore some old prints after scanning them first.