on 16 September 2012
Several people who recommend this book to learn VBA. I would say: yes only if you already followed a tutorial of VBA and know the basics. This book is full of useful macros if you are an intensive Excel user and want to automate repetitive menial tasks. Also, it shows and explains all the code, so yes it can help you to use VBA. But we talk here about very complex macros, and it is not written in an easy, friendly style. So read carefully the TOC and see whether you need some of those. Otherwise, you can select another book. I personally purchased this cheap one Beginning Excel VBA Programming. But 101 Ready to use Excel macros can still save you much time for the price, even if you just apply a few macros.
on 2 March 2016
This is a really excellent book perfectly designed for the amateur rather than the professional. I have used quite a few of the macros at work to considerable benefit and it has given me the confidence and knowledge to write a lot of my own macros albeit they are not as efficient as they should be! Why not 5 stars? Because it does not come in Kindle format. Trying to remember where you saw use of e.g. CurrentRegion becomes challenging whereas in the Kindle version you can simply search for it.
on 19 December 2015
This is a very useful book.
I use vba virtually everyday however there is a lot of things in this book that I never thought of doing. Brilliant
on 30 December 2014
Previously commented on this book having hyperlinks to example data and they didn't work. I contacted the publishers and they have sent this link http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1118281217.html which does work. I don't know if they will update the old link but paste this into your browser and you will get the data files to download. Now I have the files this makes the book much more usable.
on 5 September 2016
Very good, helped me learn how to write VBA code.
on 14 July 2013
This is an excellent book that provides what the title states. I would like to recommend this brilliant book. Cheers.
on 8 February 2013
The book does exactly what it says on the cover - you find the macro that you need, copy it over into Excel word to word and its ready to use.
The only problem that you have to type these macros yourself (there is no memory stick or CD) and some of the macroes may not be relevant to you.
on 25 July 2015
Some amazing macros in here
on 5 November 2015
Step by step on how to write MACROS and VBA CODES.
on 23 July 2014
Lots of great examples and easy to follow instructions. This has really improved my understanding of macros. I already have several uses for the tips I've picked up.