on 18 May 2017
A really great book. Even I could get to grips with Photoshop CS6 following the instructions in the book.
on 2 May 2015
Photoshop is a huge and complex program and there are many books written on its use.
This is a nice simple introduction to some of the techniques involved and as a new Photoshop user it suits me well as a guide to some of the basics. Once I've mastered the basic features I anticipate moving on to something more advanced, but as a beginner this gives me a good grounding in the basic uses of Photoshop.
on 6 May 2013
Good book for simplifying certain tasks in Adobe Photoshop. To the point and laid out to follow easy. Would recommend.
on 8 September 2017
great book easy to follow
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 25 January 2015
Some of the print is blurred/smudgy - it looks and feels like a copy/clone - thats probably why its cheaper than an original?
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 25 August 2012
This is the best of the three books I bought to learn Photoshop CS6 as it clearly describes the steps for each process and numbers each step on the screen diagrams which is a big help. I found they don't miss out on even the smallest detail and while it would work well for beginners, it assumes a reasonable knowledge of the basics. The 100 processes illustrated take the reader through the most useful and popular aspects of Photoshop and clearly illustrate the differences between CS6 and CS5, and there are quite a few. Plus of course showing you the new and fabulously exciting additions to CS6. As a quick, easy to follow, thorough guide, this one is hard to beat.
VINE VOICEon 27 June 2012
I have been using Photoshop since Adobe was a lump of clay. So immediately after ordering "Top 100 Simplified Tips and Tricks" from Amazon Vine, I upgraded from CS5 to CS6 (The perfect excuse!). I was so happy when the book finally arrived. In the first twenty-nine chapters alone, I have learned to apply all sorts of new tricks.

The lessons are depicted--step by step and numbered--with full-colour screenshots of the Photoshop menus; they range from the simple to the complex. The author, Lynette Kent, in fact, includes techniques for every level of Photoshop aficionado in every chapter throughout the book, which also contains copious tips and suggestions. Be warned though, the word 'Simplified' of the title, in some cases, can be extremely intricate, and thank heaven that items such as blending separate photos, using puppet warp; increasing depth of field, and simulating reflections, to give but a few examples, *have* been simplified!

Especially helpful are the author's instructions on how to use the book, and this introductory section should be thoroughly perused before digging into the rest of the book's fascinating contents, since, amongst other useful information, she presents the key to her colour codes, which mark the levels of difficulty for individual tasks. Her first chapter, on adapting Photoshop to one's particular needs is especially helpful in getting started. Other chapters discuss layers and masks; straightening, cropping, and resizing; retouching portraits; enhancing colours, tone; sharpness; digital special effects; designing with text effects; creating digital artwork from photographs; making images look professional; and, finally, a chapter on plug-ins. The book contains a thorough index as well as a table of contents. In 117 lessons, Ms Kent presents something useful for everyone.

The "Top 100 Simplified Tips and Tricks" of Photoshop CS6 certainly let me know not only how much I still have to learn, but also how much fun I am going to have in the process of learning.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed for Vine; Amazon.com
on 5 December 2012
I,ve worked with Photoshop CS5 for a couple of years, it was no surprise when I upgraded to CS6. Having watched numerous "Tutorials" I decided to buy "Top 100 Tips and Tricks" I have not been disappointed !!. This book is superbly well written, clear and concise and straight to the point, but without all the usual "Jargon" that simply leaves evan more confusion. This book is ideal if you need a foundation to Photoshop CS6, fankly, I would,nt be without it. Probably the best book I,ve reviewed. A pleasure to delve into. Buy it.
on 8 April 2013
I have a basic knowledge of Photoshop and thought this book would help me advance. It has clear concise information supported by excellent screen shots and a rated guide to the expertise needed for each task. It arrived well within the estimated delivery date and is excellent value for money. A must for anyone who is a fan of photoshop.
on 5 August 2012
Having moved through the CS packages 4-5-6, I found book really easy to follow, giving clear guidance and some useful tips that I had not seen before. A useful guide to CS6 for the non professional