on 14 January 2014
I am a recent proud owner of the New Canon 70D. Although I owned and enjoyed the use of the Canon 550D I felt the need to upgrade. I also thought that a good way to get full use of the new technology within my grasp would be to purchase a suitable book written by a professional.
I only managed to get as far as page 8, before finding out that, although I had owned the camera for approx. 2 weeks there were buttons on it that I wasn't even aware of.
I am now half way through reading it and have found it an absolute gem. Some bits I already new about but other bits I was able to purely refresh upon, other bits , like using my IPHONE as a remote to take the picture was amazing.
The book is excellent, a good refresher for those who know, but a good all round learning tool for all.
Thanks of course to the excellent service by Amazon and the book repository company for the efficient way they handled the sale.
on 1 August 2017
Covers everything clearly
on 3 July 2015
Great refrences to know all about the Canon EOS 70D .
on 15 January 2014
The Canon 70D manual on the supplied CD is huge. You can print it out or have it printed out for you at a huge cost and that runs to two A5 volumes. This book really does help you to get to grips with your new camera. If you want to exploit all the features to the best possible advantage on your expensive new Canon 70D then buy this book!
on 15 May 2014
This is basically a user manual with added extra's. It runs through the total menus for the camera with an example of how you would use this in the field. Photo's by the author are included with the relevant settings used. As a starter book for your newly purchased 70D this is a good buy.
on 16 February 2014
An excellent publication written from the viewpoint of a user and not a technie! Highly recommended and a must for owners of the Canon EOS 70D DSLR camera.
on 16 January 2014
Great addition to the official handbook. Explanations are clear and the advice for setting defaults very useful. Well Recommended etc
on 29 May 2014
A great book, so much easier to read than the supplied CD file, really informative and full of useful and easy to follow tips and techniques well worth investing in. This fully explains the huge amount of settings and functions of the 70D,so handy to take when out and about.
on 3 May 2014
This is a great book, absolutely crucial to everyone who wants to fully understand the EOS 70D and get the best use from it. Incidentally, for all those wanting/needing other wonderful help then do go for Nina Bailey's EOS 70D books, they are exceptional too!
on 20 December 2013
I am no expert and have probably bought a camera far beyond my needs. The instruction book that came with the camera is comprehensive but not as detailed as I need and does not have photographs to illustrate the effect of the settings. The field guide is written in a way that I can follow and has increased my enjoyment of the camera.
The camera is now a total wow! I can sit in the kitchen with my camera in another room pointing at the bird table. What the camera sees is displayed on my android phone and I can control it remotely and take pictures with no disturbance of the birds,

My pictures of the wonderful winter sunsets now get 10 out of 10 with my personal marking system.

This book was an investment.