on 1 August 2013
This book is a luxury version of the Canon manual.
I was able to quickly find the information I needed and I find it straight forward to read.
It fits in my camera bag and it gets occasional use for the advanced settings.
Would recommend if you want to get to grips with all the Canon 5D Mk III features.
on 26 May 2017
great book, easy to understand,
on 7 November 2013
On the one hand it incenses that I have to purchase a wonderful book such as the Canon EOS 5D Mark III Digital Guide. Why? Simply because when I have spent nigh on two thousand pounds on a camera I expect a much more detailed and colourful guide then the camera manual offered by Canon. However this digital guide is well laid out. It is clear, concise, cogent and consistent with detailed explanations and colourful imagery that makes it easier to get a better purchase on how this beast of a camera works. The guide clearly sets out what all the different layers of the 5d MK III represent and how they work in a logical and easily understood manner. One of the key reasons for my purchase of The Digital Guide is that the generic camera manuals supplied usually have small text which is not easy to read, (yes I am showing my age), are quite boring rendering comprehension an unenjoyable process. The Digital Guide brings the menus alive on the Canon 5D MKIII in such a way that it is an enjoyable process which makes learning and familiarising oneself with the camera system enjoyable and easy to comprehend.
on 11 July 2014
When I first got my camera I found the whole "Functions" thing a little daunting.

Having grown up and cut my teeth on manual 35mm film cameras the wealth of focusing and other options were a little daunting. I spent the next 8 months basically using it on manual, in the default setup [except for shooting in RAW] as a basic camera with autofocus that had movable ISO. For a while that was enough for me, and it gave me excellent results. I would flick through the book, work out how something worked, and slowly add to the knowledge I had, and the way I used the camera.

What I'm trying to say here is this is a book that you can both sit down and read cover to cover, or just dip into as you need. It really doesn't contain anything that the manual doesn't already have, but it's a lot better structured and believe me that is worth every penny.

The chapters are broken down into things that you need to achieve in order to use the camera effectively such as attain focus in various situations, or getting good exposure. What is great about this book is that she covers the basics like "What is a good exposure" in such a way that experts can simply skip and people who are altogether new to photography can learn from.

This is not by any means a definitive tome on the theory and practice of photography, but it pretty much a definitive book on it's application using a Canon EOS 5D MK3...
on 9 November 2014
This is a fantastic book and I highly recommend to anyone how has just purchased a 5D Mark 111 and really wants to get to grips with the inside workings of the camera. the simple language makes it easy to understand all the features/menus of the camera so you can easterly set the camera up to your own working environment.

The book is great and a must buy.
on 20 May 2014
I am finding this book really useful in moving from a 7D to the 5Dmk3. Many of the camera controls are the same, enough are different that this is a useful aid. It is loaded on my kindle and tablet and I usually have one at hand to refer to. This is a much easier read than the Canon manual, I do wonder if Canon deliberately make the manuals opaque to create a thriving market for authors of books like this. Highly recommended reading for 5d3 owners.
on 24 February 2014
This is the best camera book guide I have read. It has brought me up to date on my 5d m3 and now I know a lot more about it than before. Chalotte also writes about her experiences which is invaluable because of her years with photography.
Finally the book is an all over guide how to master the canon 5d m3..10 stars
on 25 May 2015
Clear and concise. For a camera that is not! I read it in a few days, and she offers quite a lot of insight into how to get things done. I would have liked a bit more in-depth "how-to" information on getting the best from the camera, but all-in-all, very helpful. Definitely a good preliminary as to setting up & getting around the camera's plethora of settings.
on 17 August 2013
Bought this book just to try and better understand the new complex Af features of the 5D Mk III and it goes into great detail. There are many pages of the basics of operation but it's much more in depth than the supplied Canon user guide. I would recommend if you have just upgraded to the Mk III
on 12 July 2016
This is a really useful guide for somebody stepping up to the 5D mk iii from a compact. Like many books of this kind, it is padded out with lots of information you don't need - but it is not a book you need to read cover to cover. It is a great reference resource with useful tips and advice.