Customer reviews

on 24 January 2014
I'm just starting out in night photography, and was undecided whether to get this book or "Night Photography: Finding your way in the dark" by Lance Keimig. The reviews for both were excellent, couldn't decide which to get, so in the end I bought both!
Now that I've read them, I'd have no hesitation in recommending this one for the beginner in night photography - virtually every situation is covered, with detailed exposure guidance given, and example photos on nearly every page. Everything is covered, from the equipment you'll need, up to fine tuning your results on the PC afterwards.
Lance Keimig's book is a slightly different animal - very good, but more inclined towards the artistic/compositional side of night photography. Once I've mastered the basics, I think Keimig's book is the one I'll keep coming back to for future inspiration. So do as I did - buy both!
on 7 February 2015
really good book and really well written. There are also the settings used in the photos as example.
on 8 January 2012
I have been waiting for this to be released in the UK for over a month, I must say I am not dissapionted, it is easy to read and very well set out and very informative in an area of photgraphy that can be very hard to master or just get a good image.

Very pleased with this book
on 10 September 2015
This was a present for my boyfriend who's into photography for about a year now. He just bought a tripod and I thought it was a great idea to buy this book for him and I wan't mistaken. He was really happy with the book, even though he didn't finish it yet. He said it was fun to read, had lots of good ideas for photographs and great tips.
on 25 March 2013
Great all round information.....very informative......these books are very easy to read and get a great insight into low light photography
on 30 May 2016
Really good book and really well written most helpful for the beginner
on 12 March 2015
GOOD ITEM WOULD USE SELLER AGAIN THANKS
on 26 August 2016
good stuff to try, this is new for me
on 17 March 2014
I intend to use this a reference manual. It is well laid out and the author knows his stuff and explains the subject in easy to read chapters very clearly without technical jargon.
on 24 March 2013
Excellent book in Kindle version. Well set out and easily followed instructions.
Also Alan Hess has provided projects. I'd thoroughly recommend to any level of photographer.