on 20 April 2012
Had some experience of the early Dummies books and they were just that.
This is a much more satisfying product. The information given starts from a fairly basic level but the more in depth material is also available for those who need it.
on 23 September 2013
I came to Photoshop Elements 11 as a total novice and expected the book to teach me how to use the software. Having decided that camera RAW was the way to go I was dismayed to discover that the book did not cover this. There are many other features within Elements that the book skips over or ignores. Additionally, at times, I found it hard to follow. I rapidly came to the conclusion that this book was not the answer. It was only once I'd invested in some decent tutorial software that Elements began to make real sense. As for my copy of Elements 11 for Dummies - well its now residing in a local charity shop. However, if a book is for you, then buy the Photoshop Elements All in One for Dummies. Its more comprehensive.
on 27 January 2014
I've had Elements 10 for some time and haven't really got to grips with all it offers, so decided to buy this book. I've not got very far into it just yet as I'm taking my time and starting at the beginning - rather than flicking through haphazardly. One reason for buying it is to learn how to organise and find images, So far so good. The book is attractively laid out and easy to read. The content is explained clearly and concisely, with useful hints and tips highlighted in the margin. I'm keen to know how to work with layers, but that's Chapter 8 and I'm not going there til I've covered Chapters 2-7! I won't get bored with this book as there's lots to learn and it looks like being an enjoyable read along the way.
on 11 January 2013
Good book, it keeps it everything in simple words, so its easy to understand.

I would recommend for someone who is struggling to use photoshop.
on 20 July 2012
I am sure this is an excellent book for clever people unfortunately I am not one of them. I really need about three sheets of very simple "recipe" type instructions
on 22 February 2014
A really high class production with clear photos and good quality paper. I still feel the authors could explain Levels in more depth, why one should use them and what advantages they give. Photoshop Elements 11 is so much better laid out and clearer than PE9
my previous version that the book is not so necessary, however it is a useful back up for the times when you just cannot work out how to do things.
Despite doing a course on Photoshop Elements I still found this book useful, so would recommend it.
on 8 June 2012
I found the book very good to start with but suggest better description of tools and their uses. I also think the step by step instructions could be more explicit. When it comes to computers I really am pretty thick, therefore the title 'for dummies' really applied to me.
on 12 January 2013
Working my way slowly through this book, and it seems to be very straightforward. One or two bits taking a while to sink in, but that is me, rather than the book. I am sure that when I have had more time it will prove to be of great benefit.
on 21 November 2013
I jumped from Photoshop 3 to Photoshop 11 when I acquired my new computer recently, and I hoped that this book would be an easy way to learn about the facilities proved by Photoshop 11. Unfortunately, I fell at the first hurdle with this book, perhaps because my jump from Photoshop 3 to Photoshop 11 was just too great for this book to cope with. I may have done a bit of an injustice to this book with myself being the real dummy - so I have compromised and given it three stars.
on 17 December 2013
This book is detailed and to some extent over so. I thought that the book would be smaller than the 422 pages long which is a lot to take in at once. The chapters are well defined with sub sections that cover each subject although finding a particular item may be difficult to do. All in all this book is well worth doing & having said this read it slowly returning to subjects not understood if necessary go on the PC to acquire further definitions.