on 17 August 2016
Was OK for some things, but not really orientated towards the non-networked user.
on 20 March 2017
Good reference
on 19 May 2012
I've started using Office365 and struggle with some of it. So I bought this book and was suprised at the quality. Looks like a rush job with spelling mistakes etc.

I was not impressed with the content either, felt more like a sales pitch for Office365, kept telling me how great it is and what you can do with it - but not how to do it.

I had in fact bought the wrong book as I realise what I struggle with is SharePoint. Have since bought 'How to Do Everything Microsoft SharePoint 2010 [Paperback]Stephen Cawood' but not started reading it yet.
on 27 October 2013
Dreadful. The normal "** for dummies" book is a very useful and much more readable version of the user manual. Lots of tips and helpful guidance.

However, this book is a rewrite of a Microsoft sales person's sales pitch for the Cloud and Microsoft products in general. If you want to know how to use or get more from Office 365 - this is not the book you want. How it got past the publisher of the "for dummies" series I have no idea.
on 25 October 2013
This book is propaganda for Microsoft. I have been using Office since 1995, but I could not make any sense of this book. Firstly, it is written in managerialese and not in English. Secondly, it is geared towards IT managers and not towards the individual user. Thirdly, it has little "How to do this" information. It certainly is not for Dummies and the publishers should be ashamed for having agreed to put it in their otherwise-excellent series.
on 15 August 2013
This publication is written in a non technical way which makes it very easy for non-technical people to understand. I am able to do much more with Office 365 than I could with Office Home & Student.
on 15 April 2015
My other books in this series have been comprehensive 'starter' guides to the subjects covered.
I wanted to 'learn' Office 365 as a newcomer to Office. This book assumes a non-dummy knowledge and is really a guide to business users: much advanced guidance on using Office 365 as a business tool. I am a new Windows 8.1 user with the Office software installed and needing to know what it offers and basically how to use it. The book doesn't help me...
on 1 August 2013
I bought Office 365 because I use Word and Excel on my home computer for personal items. As with other Microsoft 'for dummies' books the information is accurate and good but as before I find the authors expect a little too much of their readers. However with patience I nearly always find answers to my queries within the book.

Quite like the book and it is up to similar standard as other 'FOR DUMMIES' books.
on 2 September 2013
i was advised to get this book by one of Microsoft's main independent IT providers (UK). provides a good basic overview of the application.
on 19 May 2016
Don't buy this book. It was written in 2012 when cloud computing was just beginning to be viable for businesses. It tells you nothing about the Office 365 Microsoft is selling today. Microsoft is not offering any real option but 365, and is currently offering a year's free subscription and I wanted to learn how to operate it, particularly as I live in an area where broadband is slow and sometimes intermittent. I wanted to learn how to keep my data on my computer, rather than in the cloud, and to learn what improvements there had been on Word, Excel and Outlook. No help at all on any of those points. It was also badly written, which is unusual for the Dummies books, which up to now tell you how to get round the common problems with things. I think Wiley should take it off the shelf, and Amazon should certainly not put it at the top of the list.