on 14 January 2013
Excellent reference for SQL Server. I've been a .Net developer for few years and wanted to be up-to-date with latest SQL Server. This book covers the fundamentals from zero to the point when you can build a well organized database on your own. Lots of SQL features are not covered because author states that their advanced or out of scope.
Indeed, SQL Server has so many features, that it's hard to place everything in one book and place "beginning" in the title.

I recommend this book to those who don't know anything about databases or know little or (just like me) were working with previous releases and want to have a solid reference of what can be done in SQL Server 2012.
on 1 September 2016
This is one of the best SQL Server books I've got. As a reference manual, it's up there with the very best. The code examples all worked just fine. My only gripe was the informations on cubes and rollups. The examples worked but there was too much data participating in the result. To me, that sort of made it a little too long-winded to see what was going on "under the hood" so to speak. Apart from that there's not much I'd want to improve in this book. It's got a lot in it and 95% is pitched at the right level and easy to read.
on 1 April 2015
Covers most aspects of SQL Server but never gets too advanced. Leaves you with an understanding of most of the concepts surrounding SQL Server 2012. I liked the writing style too.
on 13 March 2013
I'm knew to SQL, so thought I'd give this book ago, so far so good, currently on chapter four, book seems nicely layed out for a newbie, enjoying the book very much and learning loads, will update again when I've finished the book.
on 4 September 2015
Useful and helpful
on 7 December 2014
Book condition was excellent
on 4 May 2013
Good prompt delivery of this product. The product was as expected. I am glad to recommend the service provided by the vendor.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse