on 5 May 2013
Wow, fantastic and brilliant. These are my first thought on the book.

The book is full of knowledge and understanding of all content marketing online. In each area the author goes into depth into the topic subject and really makes it easy to understand what is needed to achieve your desired outcome.

For myself I was able to see what I was doing right and what I wasn't. Also what other things I could do to enhance the users experience when visiting my social media sites. The first month after reading tis book hits on my blog went up by 60%. Some of this is down to reading this book and understanding how to achieve the desired goal.

If you read one book on the new rules of marketing and PR this should be the one!
on 18 June 2012
I have read the book from cover to cover. I needed to learn what to do attract customers. To be in business you need customers and this book will give all the paths you need to take, whilst pointing out how to use what works best and given the amount of time you have. There is no point of taking on too much. Take bit sized pieces as David suggested.

I really liked the stories used as examples of a particular point helps me to remember some. ( I also made some notes)

When I consider how much my subscription was for on-line courses, which are a bit out of date they never explained new approaches. This offers up to date information at a fraction of the price.

Thanks for the advice.
VINE VOICEon 18 December 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
For anyone wanting to increase business in this difficult time, books on how to do it should be of interest. This book shows the uses modern technology to increase and attract business. This is fine for those who are au fait with such technology, and shows that for those who aren't, perhaps they should either get au fait with it or get help from someone who is.
The guidelines - some obvious, others less so - can only help to focus attention on the need to keep your business profile high, my only concern is that sometimes so much attention could be paid to marketing that product development is neglected - there are only so many hours in the day. However, a useful 'business' read.
VINE VOICEon 15 December 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Being a social media virgin with a word of mouth business I wish to expand using the internet, I was looking for a simple book which would give me information about the different media out there such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc and blogging which I am also new to. The book gave clear explanations about why you might want to use that media and gave examples of other companies/organisations who have used these and to what effect. Later in the book it gives really good advice about what to do and what not to do and what to include and exclude. I shall be referring to it regularly when I finally take the plunge!
on 20 November 2013
When I purchased that book, I was looking for something written in clear English and without complicated words. I am learning English and at the same time I am a marketer, so I need to be familiarized with the terminology in my professional field. That book is relly good for that. As the autor would say "a niche for people who need learn the marketing terms in English".
Actually, I am writing this review due to the tips that I found in it.
For me, It's not a brilliant book but if you never have used Twitter, Facebook or even you don't know what it means "marketing", you should read it.
VINE VOICEon 15 December 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
There is a lot covered in this rather thick book. He writes well and there is plenty to learn for anyone who is wanting to improve their understanding of this line of marketing.

However, my mine gripe is that there isn't actually a whole lot written about the use of mobile apps (even though it is mentioned on the front cover). Being the key reason I got the book, this was quite disappointing.

However, if you aren't particularly worried about the use of mobile and mobile apps in the 'new PR and marketing' then this will prove extremely useful.

hope that helps.
on 19 January 2012
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Readers new to PR and Marketing will find this a useful read because it outlines the best practice applicable to their campaigns, no matter which tools are used to deliver them.

Readers who have worked in PR and Marketing for a while will find little that's new in this book, apart from how best to use social media. Social media really is a set of new tools to deliver the message rather than being new rules in itself, so I felt the book didn't really live up to its title.

This book is very US-centric, so potential readers in the UK should bear this in mind.
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is an excellent introductory text for people who, perhaps because their job role has changed, now have to content with these aspects of marketing and PR.

It is also a useful book to use to audit whether you are slipping into bad habits with regard to the way that you market yourself or your business using Social Media.

However, I do tend to find books that are very much centred on the USE to be a little tiring as the examples do not always translate well, hence the loss of one star.

Otherwise a very useful book.
on 16 December 2011
i'm not a native English speaker, and I hate to get a book and discover that I have to figure out every other word. But this one is really easy to understand - it is fun to read, everything is simple and clear, some great tips, this book really helps me much with my PR study. well, my message is - even if you don't speak perfect English, this book still will be very much of a help and fun to you, and the most important - you'll definetely get the clear picture about making PR in the new way:)
on 24 March 2013
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This book has been very helpful to me starting up an online business. It covers most social media and online marketing strategies and that's something that everyone needs to know these days! So useful for new business and perhaps those who have been in business for many years but need a handy guide to what's 'new' (i.e. online). Whilst not being a fully comprehensive guide to marketing and PR there is a huge amount that you will find useful here. And it's actually pretty good fun to read!