Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Arcade Fire Shop now Fitbit

on 18 January 2017
I bought this as a gift for a relative who is doing GCSE Computer Studies. I opted for this one as I wanted something that a GCSE pupil could understand and that was user friendly. The book is in colour and sets out information clearly without it being too advanced for GCSE nor too dumbed down.
One happy relative and a super happy Amazon customer.
on 16 May 2013
I am a seasoned web developer. I have built sites using Drupal CMS and ASP Pages using .NET with c# in Visual Studio 2012.

So I'm not a total beginner, but my knowledge of CSS was very sketchy.

My concern was that this book would be too simplistic for my level of knowledge, but I have to say this is not the case.

The layout is simple and concise - each double page spread covers an element of CSS, with examples of HTML code, CSS code and the results that appear in your browser.

Reading it gives you all the information you need to use CSS, but it also gives you ideas and many 'Ah, so that's how they do that!' moments.

In addition to this, it gives up to date hints and tips on website design that are relevant for modern websites.

When you have read it, the design and layout of the book is such that it also works very well as a reference.

I can see this book is going to stay on my shelf and remain useful for a long time.
on 23 February 2017
This is a really useful book for the beginner. It's been years since I bought this and if I was to look at it now having written multiple programmes it would not be that useful. Nothing other than a reference to a professional or intermediate programmer. For the beginner it is excellent.
on 8 May 2017
The book shows the basics of learning html and css but explains everything in great detail and easy to understand for the novice web developer all in all the book uses great grammar and explanations unlike other books
on 16 June 2017
Very well needed for my uni course!
on 23 July 2017
Awesome!
on 17 May 2017
It was a good book, and I learned a lot. However, when I uploaded my webpages, they were nothing like how I designed them. Fonts bigger etc.
on 17 March 2017
Great book for starting out, I bought this with the JavaScript one also.
Easy to read, good in depth explanations which can be extrapolated and used to build skills.
on 6 March 2014
This book is Excellent. I needed it for my Uni New Media course and it has helped me to design my websites and produce them to a professional quality. I am pleased with my purchase.
on 20 June 2017
very clear and very good