on 23 August 2014
This book has some good concepts and if you are prepared to work hard at it I'm sure it would reap rewards. However, after three weeks I gave up...
on 20 March 2014
I learned a lot from this book. She makes a lot of insightful observations about women and food. Have to say that I also read "Overcoming Binge Eating" by Christopher Fairburn and that book is better, but this is a good companion to it.
on 17 September 2013
What can I say about this book, it not only does what it says on the tin, but also so much more. Melissa McCreery writes with such an easy non judging style that I makes it easier to become less judgmental about yourself. The plan really is more of a journey of self discovery, and it matters not how well you think you know yourself, or whether you feel you have an issue wtih emotional eating this book can help you learn something about yourself. Its gentle style guides you first to be record data (in an easy and managable way that certainly didn't feel time consuming), then you get to analyse it, then after analysis comes a little problem solving and finally you have a plan, a way forward. In the 4 weeks I have been following the plan I have made massive progress and I will continue to repeat the cycle until I feel comfortable. Then I am going to use the method to look at my financial habits and I am fully confident I will gain a whole new awareness from this.

I believe the plan will result in a personalised and unique experience for everybody who tries it and I encourage you, whoever you are reading this to buy the book and have a go!
on 12 September 2013
Dr Melissa McCreery brings us a practical, solution focused book in the form of a 28 day programme. Aimed at busy, high achieving, intelligent women, Melissa encourages us to let go of our inner perfectionist and give ourselves a break from that voice telling us what we should do. And the answer isn't to hammer the gym, go on a strict eating regimen and control another aspect of life. As Melissa says "sometimes working harder isn't working smarter." Instead we are guided to help us to unravel what we're really hungry for and pinpoint the causes of overeating.

What I love is that the book provides a real warmth and understanding while offering strategies to be able to address emotional eating. On a practical level the programme is flexible enough to fit in around your life so that it is achievable in order to get the best out of it. The key to this is committing to days in the week when you plan to carry out the suggested activities which is determined by you rather than the author instructing you when to do it.

I've been following the programme and I've had some revelations about my own eating which I wasn't aware of previously. It's provided me the clarity I've needed in order to make changes. Melissa says there is always a reason we over eat. This book has reminded me that I need to make changes in my life that are not related to food at all. There are also small and simple changes I can make now to take care of myself better.

It's not the kind of book you can just read then put down and move on, you need to engage in the programme to get the full benefit. Key themes are mindfulness, being curious not judgemental, discovering what you really hunger for, identifying support and setting goals.

To summarise - ditch the diet and get this book. It will change how you think about eating.
on 8 February 2014
Practical sensible approach to understanding how to deal with life and food. Step by step help from somebody who understands
on 13 July 2014