Customer reviews

Falling Into You
Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 April 2015
Well written as always by Jasinda. I guess she likes the whole in love with one sibling then another comes along - I still am not over The Ever Trilogy. Never will be.

I think I was a little bit in love with Kyle. I imagine him as the boy who is the lead singer in a Spanish band called Dvicio. He's hot. Gutted!

"Hot heart-blood leaked from my face. From my eyes and my nose and my mouth. Not tears, because those would never stop. This was just liquid heartbreak seeping from my pores."

I think I was a little bit in love with Colt. I know he doesn't have long hair and he's more butch but he makes me think of Hozier. It's the guitar, lyrics, singing, and I think he's hot.

"I could write a song, and her name would be the music. I could sing, strum a guitar, and her body would be the melody."

Colt and Nell. Sigh. So much damage and baggage to fix on both parts.

"Compassion and pity are not the same: Pity is looking down on someone, feeling sorry for them and offering nothing; compassion is seeing their pain and offering them understanding."

The writing is poetic especially in the song lyrics Colt writes for Nell. Masterful character creation; I felt the pain of Colt and the utter melancholy of Nell.

"His body is a shelter, a fortress I can lose myself in. I can feel his pulse thumping in his throat against my nose, and I count the beats, wait for sleep."

"Grief slides away and slicks across the scratched laminate floor."

Really good read and it was free!
on 6 April 2013
Wow what a full on story this was! It isn't your usual romance story, or girl meets boy, loses boy again story either.

Nell and Kyle were brought up next door to each other. They were best friends, did everything together. One day they realised they both wanted something more. They started a relationship which went from strength to strength.

But one small misunderstanding totally changed everything in dramatic fashion.

Nell struggles with the feelings she has inside. She blames herself for everything that happened, she can't let out her feelings for fear that if she starts she won't be able to stop again.

A chance meeting is set to change her life forever. But this meeting also brings with it greater challenges.

Nell is broken, mentally and physically, and she cannot see a way through all she holds deep inside. Calton, Kyle's older brother, has many problems also. They are both so deeply scarred it appears almost impossible for them to find a way through.

This is a story which has so many levels. It starts off as a love story and quickly becomes something much deeper. It is a story of regret, of lost love and new love. It is also a story of healing, in more ways than one.

The author has written a story which can't fail to draw the reader in. You will start rooting for things to turn out right for all involved. You will go through joy, grief and hope in the time it takes to read this story. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Calton writes songs, and one of those touched me deeply, brought back memories I keep hidden.

“You’ve never had a name.
You’ve never had a face.
A thousand breaths you’ll never take
Echo in my mind,
My child, child, child.
The questions blink like stars,
Numberless in the night sky.
Did you dream?
Did you have a soul?
Who could you have been?
You’ve never known my arms,
You’ve never known your mother’s arms,
I’ll dream for you,
I’ll breathe for you,
I’ll question God for you,
I’ll shake my fists and scream and cry for you.
This song is for you,
It’s all I’ve got.
It doesn’t give you a name.
It doesn’t give you a face.
But it’s all I’ve got to give.
All my love is in these words I sing,
In each haunted note from my guitar,
You’re not gone,
Because you never were.
But that doesn’t mean
You passed unloved.
It doesn’t mean you’re forgotten,
Unborn child, child, child.
I bury you
With this song.
I mourn you
With this song.”

Such heartfelt sentiment in these words, I dare you to read them and not feel something. That the author can bring forth such feelings in a few words is something amazing, and I take my hat off to her for that.
on 18 February 2014
4.5 stars. I Just finished reading it: There have been tears......quite a few! But Colt does make up for it ;-) plus i do like a good Cry!!!!

Colt: is as much tender as he is Wow, sexy, hot, rippling muscles, i see him as a great big alpha male who can just pick her up, pop her under his arm and protect her from her demons, wrap her up and protect her from her all encompassing grief..... which she has in buckets full.... I cried through many of these scenes, they was so heartfelt, well written, i almost wanted to look away as it felt like an intrusion, too personal to read, or felt like i was watching and shouldn't be...as i was that involved

I could have read a lot more of this emotion, i would have loved a great big thick book of these two to read and read and read and read.....or a whole trilogy of them two together......please....

I am looking forward to reading the next one, i know it isn't strictly about Colt and Nell, but i hope we get snippets....A Fan of Jasinda.
on 1 June 2013
I am a big fan of Jasinder Wilder and had heard a lot about 'Falling Into You'. Took the plunge the other morning on the train Thursday morning and was crying by the end of chapter 4.

It was sweet, loving, emotional, traumatic, uplifting & exhilarating. The painful and often taboo topics in this book were dealt with sensitively and practically. Colton and Nell's story wasn't all hearts and flowers and hot sex but painful and full of twists but it was brilliant!

Well done Jasinder! Can't wait for 'Falling Into Us'!
on 2 September 2013
For me this started off a little slow and I didn't really have any feelings regarding Kyle when he died. In fact the first time I cried in this was when Colton was talking about India. Then I bawled like a baby at the end because that was kinda heart-breaking.

They go through a lot of sh*t in this story, as the characters do in New Adult books, but I did like the main characters a lot, they were good people who had had a hard life and deserved a happy ending.
on 13 April 2013
It grabs you from the beginning. Young love arises from a childhood friendship. From their developing relationship to the heartache when it ends and Nell`s subsequent efforts to cope with her guilt and grief. This book touches on taboo subjects and handles it with tact and sensitivity.
Colton is seen as the bad boy with tats and long hair. He is anything but.
Do I recommend this book, oh yes. It's on my read again list. Thanks Jasinda
on 11 October 2015
My wife is a nurse and in her all too rare breaks likes to read, this gives her the 'easy reading escapism that she enjoys.
As my wife likes this book that is all that matters
on 22 June 2017
Fab story I can wait to read the others.
on 9 April 2013
I am speechless over this book... fantastic, truly fantastic!!!
The author has created such a powerful story that you just can not forget... it stays with you.
on 20 March 2013
I read a lot and this is one of few books where every emotion surfaced while reading. This book is going to stay with me for a long time to come.